#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

27 minutes ago, Talkie said:

After all the overheated hype on this site the preview number is a little surprising. I thought it would be a lot more based on the sellouts people were reporting.

It shattered the previous midnight record by 31%, it more than doubled AoU so I'm not sure what were you expecting. 65, 70M? 57M+ is already inside top 20 all-time days. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, water said:

you literally just called one of the only things that is liked by almost exclusively women "trashdom not nerdom" and don't see where the sexism is? girls and women DO like star wars, scifi, and nerdy things in general just as much as guys, but then they're told that it's "for boys" that they're just "fake geek girls" and like you just said "trash", and don't feel welcome anymore.

wait wait....so calling Twilight Trashdom is sexist BECAUSE women like it? LOLLLLLL

I like calling expendables trashdom as well, is it sexist BECAUSE most men like it?

Its about quality not who watches it. this is again where you miss the entire point. Let people chose what they want rather than apply positions just because either sex doesnt watch one set of movies over another.

You say Women do like star wars, well where is the crowd then. It does NOT matter if women like it more or men like it more. Both sexes like some movies more than others. both sexes like some movies equally. Why does it matter in the end if men dont like one set of movies or women dont like one set of movies. Just watch the freaking movies! Enjoy. And stop the labels made up for Social Justice Warrior into every topic

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, blackspider said:

It's so batshit crazy, that it just might happen.

I mean, a 250 million dollar weekend would just be insane.  That would put it at the number five for the year.....already.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, water said:

you literally just called one of the only things that is liked by almost exclusively women "trashdom not nerdom" and don't see where the sexism is? girls and women DO like star wars, scifi, and nerdy things in general just as much as guys, but then they're told that it's "for boys" that they're just "fake geek girls" and like you just said "trash", and don't feel welcome anymore.

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

It shattered the previous midnight record by 31%, it more than doubled AoU so I'm not sure what were you expecting. 65, 70M? 57M+ is already inside top 20 all-time days. 

As I said above, the sellout and presales reports suggested a much higher total. At least 10 - 20M more seemed to be the target. That should teach me not to base anything on predictions here. 

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

As I said above, the sellout and presales reports suggested a much higher total. At least 10 - 20M more seemed to be the target. That should teach me not to base anything on predictions here. 

So basically you are saying you don't know anything about box office then.  To expect a film to make 75 million dollars in previews is kind of silly, and that's me being polite.

• Like 8

Honestly, I feel that TFA previews being highly male skewed is a good thing.  If we remember back to the tracking reports that were posted...this was tracking only slightly higher for males then females ( it feels so odd to say male and female LOL).  What this means is that the female fans haven't even showed up in full force yet...and what happens when female fans show up?  They bring families, children, dates, girlfriends....  It's scary what's going to happen when they do

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

What are you talking about? Tele's sellout count showed roughly doubling of AoU/TDKR and same with Spizzer. 

• Like 5

Whether you find a film trashy or not is not the point. What riles me up is calling their fandom "trashdom." You are going from attacking a film to attacking people for liking that film, which is incredibly pretentious. The funny thing is that no matter how cool Star Wars fans like to think they are, lots of people still consider them "poor, pathetic nerds." Whether you like SW or Twilight, more power to nerds, geeks, and dorks everywhere. We should be defending each other, not bashing and dumping on each other, youknow?

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

So basically you are saying you don't know anything about box office then.  To expect a film to make 75 million dollars in previews is kind of silly, and that's me being polite.

If it came out in mid-July like TDK/DH2 with all high school and college kids out of school, it might have hit $70m in previews. As it stands we are looking at incredible preview number with a bit more backloading over the coming holidays at Christmas and New Year's.

• Like 1