#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

39 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Whether you find a film trashy or not is not the point. What riles me up is calling their fandom "trashdom." You are going from attacking a film to attacking people for liking that film, which is incredibly pretentious. The funny thing is that no matter how cool Star Wars fans like to think they are, lots of people still consider them "poor, pathetic nerds." Whether you like SW or Twilight, more power to nerds, geeks, and dorks everywhere. We should be defending each other, not bashing and dumping on each other, youknow?

Twilight fans aren't nerds.

They'll have to fend for themselves. :ohmyzod:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

So at work today the male 26 year old guy who never seen any marvel sw Lotr or hp movie or JW or fast furious movie said...

Lol a star wars screening has highest concentration of virgins per capita.

Yea seems star wars has a lot of fans at work as people didn't like the joke.

I can say I had a lot more then he has....sheesh. ...

Edited by Lordmandeep

24 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Really rough Friday sellout/showtime count for the LA area:

95 sellouts / 1322 showtimes

I simply don't have the time to check theaters with reserved seating, so I'm simply going off official sellouts as reported to Fandango/MovieTickets.

It's sold out everywhere for reserved, trust me. When I bought my tickets a few weeks/months ago, I was looking for reserved seating. All reserved seating, every show, in the LA area, was sold out for Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, all the shows were either sold out, or had a few super shitty seats, which are basically considered sold out. This was a few months ago, trust me, it's all sold out!

I was lucky enough to find decent seats for a Sunday evening showing with reserved seats, very excited.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

So basically you are saying you don't know anything about box office then.  To expect a film to make 75 million dollars in previews is kind of silly, and that's me being polite.

C'mon Baumer, it's only 57 m from previews.

I think we all know a flop when we see one.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Really rough Friday sellout/showtime count for the LA area:

95 sellouts / 1322 showtimes

I simply don't have the time to check theaters with reserved seating, so I'm simply going off official sellouts as reported to Fandango/MovieTickets.

I was at 217/1017 around 1:30 PM EST.

• Like 4

I was at the 7-movie marathon yesterday, and was surprised to see how many women were there. I didn't take a formal poll, but my eyeballs told me it was maybe 40% women.  That may sound low, but for a 19-hour marathon, which should draw in only the die-hardest of the die-hards, that seems like a pretty high number.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Of course women are going to watch it. But most women fans of SW fall in the casual or new fanbase who are less likely to rush for opening night is all. LMAO at the trolling insinuating the franchise is sexist because of opening night audience breakdown or that women are sexist for not watching it ASAP.

no one said the franchise is sexist. in fact i said the very opposite, that TFA is obviously very strong with female characters. i said that nerdy fandoms in general are sexist. which you're proving by saying that most female fans are "casual" or "new". nope. they're just as hardcore and have been around for just as long, but when they're told from a young age "it's for boys" less of them will end up staying around.

like i said before, hopefully when we get the stats for the whole OW the split is closer to 50/50.

Fri-Sun Record Watch

Target: 190.3M (JW)

Covered: 0.0M
Remaining: 190.3M

Friday Record Watch

Target 63.45M (JW)

Remaining: 63.45M

OW Attendance Record Watch

Target: 22.5M (TDK/TA/SM3)

Covered: 5.5M
Remaining: 17.0M (needs ~170-185M gross)

Friday Attendance Watch

Target 6.5M (SM3)

Remaining: 6.5M (needs 69-72.0M gross)

Fri-Sun Attendance Record Watch

Target: 20.6M (SM3)

Remaining: 20.6M (needs ~200-210.0M gross)

*Necessary grosses for attendance will vary based on 3D/IMAX splits.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

How does that compare with other films you've tracked?

Spoiler

AOU

April 29 (2 days): 26/1045

April 30 (1 day): 36/1074

May 1 (day of): 36/1078 (1PM EST) 

IM3 

April 30 (3 days): 2/560

May 1 (2 days): 3/784

May 2 (1 day): 3/823

May 3 (day of): 114/867 (11 PM EST)

BD2

Nov 11 (5 days): 8/247

Nov 13 (3 days): 8/464

Nov 14 (2 days): 9/633

Nov 16 (day of): 117/655 (11:35 PM EST)

TDKR

July 4th (16 days): 3/285

July 10th (10 days): 7/276

July 13th (7 days): 8/295

July 17th morning (3 days): 16/339

July 17th evening (3 days): 22/576

July 18th (2 days): 27/653

I never did a final count; just got demotivated after the shooting.

TA1

May 2 (2 days): 1/605

May 3 (1 day): 5/619

May 4 (day of): 26/627 (3PM EST)

THG 

Mar 17 (6 days): 6/363

Mar 19 (4 days): 7/395

Mar 20 (3 days): 12/680

Mar 21 (2 days): 13/704

Mar 22 (1 day): 18/710

Mar 23 (day of): 47/710 (midnight)

Wrecks everything.  IM3 and BD2's numbers are only so high because those were full-day running counts that I ended late at night.  I'd wager AOU probably topped 100 by the evening as well.

• Like 4

Sellouts, in Seattle at least, certainly feel more like a Saturday. Sizable sellouts for shows before 5. Also, I recall tracking Avengers and Hunger Games and sellouts not really taking off until 6pm when people got off work, but that's already happening for the evening showings.

I'm not going to do something foolish and predict something, but I've got a very good feeling about this. :P

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wrecks everything.  IM3 and BD2's numbers are only so high because those were full-day running counts that I ended late at night.  I'd wager AOU probably topped 100 by the evening as well.

Are you planning on tracking through the night? Or are you seeing it instead?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Are you planning on tracking through the night? Or are you seeing it instead?

How was IMAX btw?  I needa make a plan for 15/70 sometime in the next two weeks.  Gotta balance that, BS, and H8 roadshow somehow.

• Like 1