#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Too lazy to look up and / or guess...

Jurassic's OW in China was something around $100m, but what was HP 8's OW there?

India and Greece is also missing btw

HP8 didn't open with China either

4 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I officially predicted $237.1 million in the derby. But this movie will have a better Sunday than expected.

What I don't understand about global opening records is that in my opinion, for a record to be a record, the movie has to be released simultaneously in the same amount of countries and times.

This bring the point about midnight screening vs Thursdays previews. After the shooting in Colorado, thursday previews are now the norm here in the US, and we have to adjust to that.

But the global opening records is a mess.

For me a fair comparison, is the same amount of countries and days for Global opening records.

So, Jurrasic Park had China? and SW7 did not?

Is that what I am reading? What other countries as well for both movies?

On / in the long run as far as I think/know they add up the OWs, but for first impressions they (media...) seem to add up OWs per OW here, if the movie opened in a LOT of it's markets

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Everything going well. Now we only need this IronJim guy to give us the new crumbling for winter.

That's asking for a bit much.

"Crumbling" was too perfect.

A James Cameron clone having a meltdown will suffice. :rofl:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Everything going well. Now we only need this IronJim guy to give us the new crumbling for winter.

http://s10.postimg.org/j26op0t0p/smug_Jim.jpg

Without the massive Thursday preview 57mil the numbers are extremely similar to JW. It probably will make around 1.9bil give or take 50mil WW. Still a little bit underwhelming for Jim but thats ok, there is only one James Cameron afterall.

• Like 2

Just now, Ash Skywalker said:

Just 58% male for the weekend... since the previews were 71% male, that means that Fri/Sat/Sun were about 54% male / 46% female.  That's a lot closer to 50/50 than I think many of us thought it would be.

• Like 4