#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, JeepCSC said:

Jurassic World is more impressive in that, "oh wow, these 1994 Rockets are pretty dang great" kind of way. TFA is impressive in that "Oh wow, these 1996 Bulls are destroying worlds" kind of way. One was a surprise, the other had Jordan. Both were dominant championship squads. But one is playing at a different level. 

The Force Awakens is either beating Avatar or getting very close to that. It has barely started and it won't slowdown anytime soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superduperm said:

We sure about this? Any Sunday drop below 30% at this time of year is really good. I feel like this forum is being awfully optimistic.

Would love to see $240M+ though. Now the question is, what kind of Monday number will we have? Anything above $20M is good. $26M+ (higher than JW) would be legendary. Not sure why everyone is expecting $30M+ tomorrow. That's a recipe for more disappointment.

I kept saying it would track jw at a minimum all weekend.  Here we are again w rth  stating 57m up from 48. just like yesterday, started at 60m and bumped to 69m. Gotta stop assuming it's going to fade hard. 

It will beat JW tomorrow. This week can be tricky depending how Xmas falls. Some kids are still in school. Just look at 09. Avatar dropped 33%. All other movies dropped 25-40%. 

The range is 34m-39m

Not being optimistic, just telling it like is and will be

14 minutes ago, Rth said:

I think im being to conservative stay tuned..for now think have to expect high end at least

See....TOLD YOU!!!

It's dropping 15%.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

The Force Awakens is either beating Avatar or getting very close to that. It has barely started and it won't slowdown anytime soon.

SW will gross north of 800 mill.  I'm almost certain of it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

After starting the 300 club and predicting 243, you should be put in the timeout corner. No more TFA predictions for you. :P

Guess I will have to move to BvS then. 300M OW for the Holy Trinity!

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Is there any reason to think SW won't jump at least 90% on Christmas Day?  

It's doing 50 mill. :)

Yeah assuming tomorrow goes as planned, we're on 50M Christmas Day watch all week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Someone has to take Excel's place after his head exploded tis weekend. 

I am here ready to defend the Holy Trinity. 300M OW!

Spoiler

Just to be clear, I am not gonna put that in the derby. Maybe 200M. :P

• Like 1