#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Man this no-reactions thing is rough. I understand it, but I really want to know/see what you guys thought about it, but I'm not seeing this till maybe Monday, so I can't go in the spoiler thread, and won't feel like reading through 100+ pages.

I like the "spoilers allowed" thread idea, but I wish reactions could come back and just be put in tags. Like i'm itching to know yalls feelings, but since its in the spoiler thread, I can't chart into that territory.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

The Marvel fans I have been at war with are for some reason pretty silent.  I guess they were so sure that AOU would smash everything.  Another board of course.

Thanks, we really wanted to hear about your internet fights on other boards. (Not really.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Man this no-reactions thing is rough. I understand it, but I really want to know/see what you guys thought about it, but I'm not seeing this till maybe Monday, so I can't go in the spoiler thread, and won't feel like reading through 100+ pages.

I like the "spoilers allowed" thread idea, but I wish reactions could come back and just be put in tags. Like i'm itching to know yalls feelings, but since its in the spoiler thread, I can't chart into that territory.

I can PM you my review and remove the spoilers if you want.

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

We are talking about what to do in the future.

The reactions ban was tough but SW was special.  I was spoiled from reading all the reactions because I could piece together some major spoilers from them.  The tags are a problem in mobile because on mobiles and slow connections it sometimes showed them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

90% of us liked it a lot. The other 10% not so much. Is this good enough? :P 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had 3 guys show up probably in their mid twenties all bought tickets for Star Wars for a matinee show. Wasn't full, only about 90 people in the theatre, but when the logo came up for the opening crawl they stood up and shouted "BOOOO Star Trek Beyond 2016!" Then they left without asking for their money back.

Hahahahahahaha I would love to have witnessed that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackspider said:

I blame Deadline yet again for getting our hopes up for 135-140m OD. The same shit happened with DH2 as they were reporting 95-100m for its OD. Still, 120m OD is so batshit crazy and it's only the beginning of what is going to be a historic run and I can't wait to see what else this thing can pull off.

Same was true of AoU. Presales completely screwed up the projections in the wrong way while TA1/JW went the opposite way with walkups. They kept going up and up with each update. 60-65-70-80. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had 3 guys show up probably in their mid twenties all bought tickets for Star Wars for a matinee show. Wasn't full, only about 90 people in the theatre, but when the logo came up for the opening crawl they stood up and shouted "BOOOO Star Trek Beyond 2016!" Then they left without asking for their money back.

Rich kids, so bored they throw money away :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

What the hell?, there are some weird people in the world today.

13 minutes ago, Rth said:

There's quite a few factors explained before but yes big pre-sales especially these days can be  issue (industry some had it going 150+), also throw around number like 43m matinees doesn't help when for starting its not even a number from all theatres(just over 50% of them) it included pre-sales and it was from around 1pm pst(inclu EC only thru 1pm)

See Monday what actuals are

So you're saying there is potential that Friday number goes up...alot. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

heroes tbh.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can PM you my review and remove the spoilers if you want.

Go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

We are talking about what to do in the future.

The reactions ban was tough but SW was special.  I was spoiled from reading all the reactions because I could piece together some major spoilers from them.  The tags are a problem in mobile because on mobiles and slow connections it sometimes showed them

Yeah I understand SW is a more special and isn't our typical release. I just hope this doesn't become the norm, since not everyone goes out to previews/Friday shows, especially this time of year.

I know alot of you guys do previews, but I never do. Part of the fun of this site is being able to see what other fellow movie lovers think and having a feeling of what to expect. I trust you guys reactions more than I trust critics.

But if that is what has to become, guess I just gotta deal with it. Hopefully a solution can be made.

4 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

90% of us liked it a lot. The other 10% not so much. Is this good enough? :P 

Mediocre.

6 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

So you're saying there is potential that Friday number goes up...alot. :ph34r:

Well DHD says industry analysts have it at 119-120, while Disney's reporting 120.5M, soooo could go down too.

34 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

In addition to what redfirebird said:

You (mepa1) are not right IMHO

1. Thursday in the US is only starting in the evenings

2. Previews do not get all the screens, in the US there are contracts that bind cinemas to show the official 'till Thursday' movies during the key hours and so on

3. Even the old midnight shows are not really the same, those got the full run / all screens, as at that time of day they weren't bound to the contracts anymore

= IMHO at best 1 1/2 days or less, see reduced screens

IMHO it isn't that important which system a country uses as long as the system is used country-wide, and consistantly.

I understand what you say, all i'am saying is that it is misleading for the film media to say that the SW7 gross for Friday is $120+ mil, because, obviously many people may not know that this figure actually includes the Thursday previews gross as well, and even though the previews may have less playing time at the theatres, the fact is that a very large number of people will always attend the first showings of a highly anticipated film. Therefore the reported Friday gross is not representive of the true fact, but then again that is the way the film business does this nowadays, but to the general public, the figure is bollocks!

btw:- do members here think that as this is the last Xmas shopping weekend, will this have an impact on Sat & Sun grosses. I think Sat will be very high anyway, but Sun should see a noticeable drop, as per the norm.