#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

My grandma asked me just now what I am doing this evening, I told her I am watching the new Star Wars movie. She asked "is that the one we saw about the captain on the spaceship?"

No, Gran... no...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

True, but it would have every sci-fi troll call it “unoriginal,” even though SW:ANH is full of tropes and plot contrivances that are borrowed from a variety of sources that even Lucas himself has acknowledged, and even though TFA is pretty much an ANH remake. Also, a Cameron-directed SW would make detractors insist that “nobody liked” the film and that people only went to see it because it was shiny, colorful, and in 3D.

It would also have Luke be in love with daughter of the Sith King and that the end of the film Luke dies by falling into black hole and alien telling him she never let go. 

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth

11 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

“I believe that, like me, the people behind these robberies are extreme athletes, using their skills to disrupt the international financial markets, and they don’t care who gets killed in the process.”

Cinematic gold.  Point Break is getting that Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't known if this conversation is still going but IMO there is fun to be had with JW as a one time experience but putting any thought into the film absolutely ruins it

Putting thought into Transformers absolutely ruins it. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Cinematic gold.  Point Break is getting that Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar.

Never expected to say this but I may enjoy POINT BREAK more than STAR WARS.

26 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Never had a doubt that it would at least match JWs  post preview dailies. That 60m sat report was poppycock as is the the weekend estimate projecting Sunday to be 48-50m. No reaction here. Sat will be 70m+ and Sunday will be 57m+. 248m+ OW, take it to the bank.

The Saturday number is not jumping like that. But I do think Sunday is lowballed a good amount. Would love to see it reach $245m. 

• Like 2