#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

For me I don't understand what is silly about going to an event multiple times that you love and enjoy. 

There's nothing silly about it. If you enjoy seeing a movie multiple times, then that's your business, don't worry about other people's opinions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wileECoyote said:

It's 4:35AM and I'm not tired.  That's what Star Wars does to you.  Now to get an hour or two nap before catch my flight and second viewing in Fort Lauderdale.  

Electric atmosphere.  And yeah IMAX laser did not disappoint.  Slight cheers for BvS and Civil War.  Not much for Warcraft and ID Resurgance.

It was funny. Because of some wrangling between movie chains, the theater that showed it near me is the one that usually does the more arty, adult stuff while the theater that normally does the blockbusters isn't carrying it. And apparently there's a thing where they're intentionally not showing the same flicks. So while you'd expect a film like this to have trailers for BvS and Warcraft and whatnot, instead we got trailers for stuff like Carol, Joy, and the Danish Girl. The Revenant trailer was probably the only one that was even vaguely thematically correct and even that was a stretch for an audience half full of kids.

Edited by Wrath

2 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

I'm legit jealous. Boeing IMAX is sold out on this one thru next year already.

If you're ever in the Seattle area, I'll front for Cinerama or Boeing IMAX. It'd be a blast.

Ugh...where am I gonna go to see it again? Gotta get at least RPX -.-

Definitely been in Seattle before and gone to Cinerama. Good times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well im a film nerd. No question.

Ill be seeing it at least 4x by monday night.

Pffh. That's too easy. You need to see it like 8 times by Monday in order to obtain the experience bonus to level up your cinema skill tree. 

3 hours ago, Rth said:

Well let's just say the 50-55 that was mentioned few places early well truely in right ball park, didn't take it long get  #2 spot 

Awesome.  Massive number but not crazy high like 60M+ would have been.

The way I see it, the lower this number, the more backloaded the weekend will be, and the higher it'll go.  If we get low-mid 50s for previews, that means of the 100-120M of presales, there's still 50-70M to be covered.

• Like 5

The thing about seeing it multiple times the same day, or the day after, or like seeing it every day for a week, is like I said: you don't get time to think about it, to digest it, to know completely how you feel about it, to process it, to let it stew and even yearn for it, miss it to the point where you NEED to see it again to remember those things you forgot about it.

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

The way I see it, the lower this number, the more backloaded the weekend will be, and the higher it'll go.  If we get low-mid 50s for previews, that means of the 100-120M of presales, there's still 50-70M to be covered.

Makes little sense IMO you want as high of previews & OD as you can get. This was and is always going to be a big walk up movie for GA over the holidays.

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

I thought I read somewhere upthread that presales finished in the 120-130 range.