AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Unnecessarily fast editing?

I dunno, guys, if the Internet existed back then, I think you would've been bitching about EMPIRE and JEDI when they were released. 

I'm honestly not sure what you're saying here, but I am willing to acknowledge the possibility that I'll like this film more when the trilogy is completed

3 minutes ago, 75live said:

It was ok, and it didn't take away from the movie at all.  But like almost all 3D, it was pretty much useless

I'm seeing it in Laser tonight, so the 3D will be as good as it gets, but it's good to hear that it looks fine.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

1 minute ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I'm seeing it in Laser tonight, so 3D wil be as good as it gets, but it's good to hear that it looks fine.

yeah with the laser 3D, you will probably like it more than I did :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yes, cut in a very specific way for the trailer, with a clear meaning

So there is a confirmation of a major plot point in a voice over in the trailer and that didn't make it into the movie ?

That gotta be a first.

"You have that power too."

I guess that settles it.

Can somebody please kinda explain Han's death scene to me? So, Kylo Ren mentions something about knowing what he has to do, but he needs help. He then drops his helmet and holds his lightsaber out to Han. Han grips both ends of it with Kylo's grip in the middle. They struggle for a second, and then Kylo simply pushes the button and the lightsaber had been aimed at Han the whole time? Am I getting it right?

1 minute ago, mikeymichael said:

Can somebody please kinda explain Han's death scene to me? So, Kylo Ren mentions something about knowing what he has to do, but he needs help. He then drops his helmet and holds his lightsaber out to Han. Han grips both ends of it with Kylo's grip in the middle. They struggle for a second, and then Kylo simply pushes the button and the lightsaber had been aimed at Han the whole time? Am I getting it right?

Yes. Ren was really saying he knew he needed to kill Han to basically hit the point of no return for his Dark Side journey, but he didn't know if he could do it. Han thinks Ren is talking about leaving the Dark Side and coming home, so he tells Ren that Ren can do it. Ren uses this validation to justify to himself what he is going to do and then turns the saber on.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

well it wasn't aimed at him the whole time, but yeah you got it mostly right

What Ren was talking about was he knew he needed to kill Han to get closer or even fully converted to the dark side.  That was the thing he didn't know he could do on his own, so yeah that is why he held out his saber and all that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeymichael said:

It s Freudian, it s Joseph Campbell, you have to kill your own father metaphorically to become your own person, Kylo does it literally to free himself from the light and then trows himself into the dark side of the force.

Like Anakin, he thinks it ll make him more powerful in the end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Han thought he meant handing over his lightsaber but he really meant killing Han. He pretended to hand it over to get Han close to him and then turned it on

• Like 1