AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

He could sacrifice himself to save the day somehow. I'm wondering if we'll see Rey get her hand cut off in VIII just like Luke did in TESB??? I mean , if their mirroring the OT for modern day, wouldn't that be next??

Lol, they're not mirroring it that much I'm sure. My instinct tells me that VIII will share ESB's darker tone, but that will be about it and it won't nod back to that movie the way TFA does to ANH. I expect it to go in quite a different direction than the OT after this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I think there is something happening with the Lightsaber, I am the only one talking about it so maybe it s dumb but I thought plenty of scenes suggested an Excalibur quality to Luke s Lightsaber.

Why did she hear those voices in the cantina in the first place ?

Only the lightsaber was there.

I don't think there's anything magical about the sword. It was a cheesy way to get some exposition out. Again, not a fan of that scene.

The fact that Rey and Finn fared pretty well against an injured Kylo or the wrong space distances doesn't bother me at all, though.

Are we really sure Rey is the daughter of Luke? I really hope she is not, that would just be so obvious and contrived.

That rather dumb sword-gives-me-visions scene is pretty telling, though...

Edited by Elessar

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Are we really sure Rey is the daughter of Luke? I really hope she is not, that would just be so obvious and contrived.

If she isn't, they better give us one hell of a convincing explanation, because TFA could not make it more obvious without saying it out loud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

I think it's more contrived if she's not. Then you have all sorts of plot conveniences that just happen to this random unrelated girl? 

51 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

I wonder if the writers are fans of the New Battlestar Galactica. The 'Its all happened before and it will again' thing is strong here, although I guess its not that original a concept.

Hey if your a fan of Battlestar Galactica may i recommend watching SyFy's new space opera "The Expanse". I just watched the first four episodes was very solid and its got a lot of potential. Great production values.

Okay, i'm trying to make piece with the SW contrivances...

Luke and Leia both had good genes being the offspring of Anakin, greatness was predestined for them. Also, growing up in high society and being a princess had its advantages. Both ending up and being important players in the rebels, it makes sense that they would eventually meet. Why was Obiwan on the same planet as Luke? I guess, he wanted to keep a close eye on the son of Anakin, maybe it was his plan all along for Luke to be the weapon against Vader, the means with which to get Vader on the path of redemption, because Obiwan seemed pretty eager to train Luke.

Now fast forward to TFA. Why Rey happened to be on the same planet as the guy who had the location of Luke? I guess, he was there to keep an eye on her (let's assume she is Luke's daughter), maybe he's a friend of Luke. Sounds familiar but it makes sense. Now that the Millennium Falcon - through which they end up meeting Han - also showed up on Jakku is just too much of a stretch, though. One could try to explain away anything but at some point it just sounds like excuses. It (and other things) does make the universe seem very small. As for Kylo, again, a familiar concept (relative turns to the dark side) but the explanation that Han and Leia might not have been the best parents i can see as a valid one.

Again, i would have preferred that not everything revolves around the Skywalkers and they would stop copying themselves. Can't have everything, i guess...

I don't think Rey and Ren being twins is hard yo explain. Han wasn't at birth, whoever was hid Rey or even said she died in order to split up the twins knowing if one of them turned the other would be needed, similar to the there is another part of original trilogy. It is possible whoever did this died and that is why no one had come to get Rey.

Leia may have started to feel this connection when she met her finally, Luke should know who she is as soon as she got nearby, wouldn't be much of a Jedi master otherwise.

R2D2 could have been told by Luke, thanks to that dream scene, to stay in low power waiting for something to happen. It could have to do with Rey, or it could have to do with Ren killing Han and thus becoming a true sith.

• Like 1

rey is luke's daughter.

but what i dont get is why luke needed to hide her? Its not as if ren was old enough to kill the jedis which happened much later.

rey and ren appear same age. so ren was also a little boy, and obviously not evil at the time rey was abandoned by luke(or her parents)

The ages don't match up in any meaningful way if they are same age. Age can be deceiving. They could be upwards of 10 years apart. Daisy is early 20s while driver is early 30s I am pretty sure. Going by those ages a 15-18 year old driver could have turned while Rey was 5-8 years old.

Rey is Obi-Wan Kenobi's grandaughter.

This would give alot more meaning to the handing off of that light saber. Would be cool for sure.

Most of these theories are.possible. Again she was abandoned as a child, not a baby. If she was Luke's daughter, and he knew about her, I would assume Ben, who was with Luke, would know of her.

55 minutes ago, Flyingcow29 said:

I don't think Rey and Ren being twins is hard yo explain. Han wasn't at birth, whoever was hid Rey or even said she died in order to split up the twins knowing if one of them turned the other would be needed, similar to the there is another part of original trilogy. It is possible whoever did this died and that is why no one had come to get Rey.

Leia may have started to feel this connection when she met her finally, Luke should know who she is as soon as she got nearby, wouldn't be much of a Jedi master otherwise.

R2D2 could have been told by Luke, thanks to that dream scene, to stay in low power waiting for something to happen. It could have to do with Rey, or it could have to do with Ren killing Han and thus becoming a true sith.

If theyre renamed from Jaacen and Jaina it would square with the books, though Im not sure its canon. However, Im not in that camp because of the age difference.

• Like 1

After Ex Machina, it was interesting to see Oscar Isaac as a hero and Domhall Gleeson as a villian. Really dug it overall.

However, it would feel really lame to just have Rey be Luke's daughter. So many of the twists in this series revolve around family relationships, that I'd rather they come up with something different for Rey.

I wanna see a bombass female villain Jedi.

With Queen playing ha or some woman of color.

Asajj Ventress should be played by Tilda or someone of the like. Maybe Angela Basset?

I don't know. I'm just imagining the noises she makes when fighting, and Angela popped in my head. Lmfao. 

I hope Luke would be a bit more self-aware than to dump his kid on a junk-filled desert planet with no knowledge of who her father is.

Not sure why it would be so hard to come up with a plausible different backstory for her. Have her be a kid of a couple of Jedi who were being trained by Luke 5-10 years after the events of ROTJ and were then captured or killed, or something like that.

Edited by Jake Gittes