AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Also I think Kylo Ren was my favorite out of the new characters, followed shortly by Rey and Poe. I am still trying to decide about Finn.. I guess I liked him, but I didn't love him. 

27 minutes ago, Kalo said:

most of my questions are about ray.. because well she was awesome. so is Luke Rey's Father? who was the family she was talking about? (is it completely out of the question that Mara Jade or a Mara Jade Type could be her mother? they never said her last name, I feel if she was not any relation to someone important it would have been relieved in the movie.

I think Luke will end up being her father.  It's clear Rey has been having visions of Luke thru the force, but wasn't able to piece things together until she touched the lightsaber that was cut from Luke's hand.  We already know that she had a vision of the island Luke was on, as Kylo Ren was able to pull that out of her head.  I'm thinking she made the doll of the X-Wing pilot on Jakku because of another vision of Luke.  Guess we'll see in 18 months.

Edited by Dbot1800
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbot1800 said:

I think Luke will end up being her father.  It's clear Rey has been having visions of Luke thru the force, but wasn't able to piece things together until see touched the lightsaber that was cut from Luke's hand.  We already know that she had a vision of the island Luke was on, as Kylo Ren was able to pull that out of her head.  I'm thinking she made the doll of the X-Wing pilot on Jakku because of another vision of Luke.  Guess we'll see in 18 months.

I agree I also believe she is Luke daughter, I just don't know how Han and Leia don't know about her, from the looks of it she was probably put on Jakku for safety by Luke after Ben Solo's turn to the darkside. unless my Mara Jade theory is true and Luke didn't even know about Rey. I'm not convinced "Rey" is really her real name either, she kind of seemed like she was lying or it was just a name she gave herself. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

One thing I just noticed that was in the trailer but not the movie: "Who are you?" "I'm no one."

They also used a different version of "I see your, eyes, I know your eyes!" I was little bummed, thought that was going to be a big reveal scene.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

One thing I just noticed that was in the trailer but not the movie: "Who are you?" "I'm no one."

I could've sworn Lupita's alien character asked Rey who she was.

What about "the force is calling you, just let it in"? Was that in the movie?

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I recall hearing, "the force is calling to you", but not the "just let it in".

43 minutes ago, Dr 3va2an said:

First half needed more Poe.

I feel like they probably filmed a scene with how Poe's escape and how he got off Jekku, it would have flowed better if it showed that and not felt so much like a plot hole. not to mention close his absence and make him feel more like a main character, he's clearly a fan favorite, so I hope his role is larger in EP VIII

Edited by Kalo

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Luke never said the line from teaser 2. I know the lines are from episode 6 but I thought he was going to say those lines at the end of movie to Rey.