AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Anyways, going through the isolated soundtrack now. Rey's theme is pretty nice, it's not up there with stuff like Leia's theme, but I'd put it on par with Anakin's theme from TPM.

The Resistance March is a nice jaunty tune. Not outstanding, but pretty catchy and energetic.

• Community Manager
27 minutes ago, Dr 3va2an said:

Well by that point Kylo had been gut shot, shoulder sliced, and was currently a mental/emotional wreck after murdering his pops, and was trying to disable Rey/convince her she should submit to him instead of trying to kill her.

So that, combined with Rey's apparent Omega Power Level and intuitive grasp, made it feel fine to me.

YMMV.

Also one thing I loved seeing it OW in a packed theater? Every time the audience clapped was pretty neat. There were also fan girls in my theater and when they reacted, it was pretty great. :)

Claps at the end (and beginning) as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr 3va2an said:

It's a nice five-note cue for Kylo Ren, but other than that there's really no new cool evil music.

I dunno, I dig every time it's worked into one of the tracks. There might not be an iconic track like "Fates" this time around, but I think overall I like the score more than CLONES or SITH. Rey's theme is growing on me too.

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I dunno, I dig every time it's worked into one of the tracks. There might not be an iconic track like "Fates" this time around, but I think overall I like the score more than CLONES or SITH. Rey's theme is growing on me too.

Right now I have it down with Clones. Music was good but taken as Williams Star Wars music something felt missing.

I do like Ren's cue, but I really hope he gets a more developed theme in the future. The First Order is really lacking something along the lines of "Imperial Attack" from ANH, the Imperial March, or even the Trade Federation/Confederacy marches.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, water said:

star wars marathon week 7: STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS ON OPENING WEEKEND IN IMAX 3D

aka my thoughts!!!!!! spoilers!!!!!!!!

ok

I've never seen anyone stutter in excitement on a forum before....

I think you liked it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I think you liked it?

I think he's leaking with excitement, get it? His name is water.

I'll see myself out...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I think you liked it?

that was my initial raw reaction to my friends right after i got home. i just copy-pasted it here with some clean up lol

• Like 2