AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Snoke on the Water being Plagueis would on the one hand tie nicely into the Prequels and help truly make it one 9-film saga.

On the other hand, Snokey and the Bandit being Plagueis doesn't quite feel right, since it undermines Palpatine in general and the RotS opera scene in particular. Plus the midichlorian/Force handwaving that would be needed could fall quite flat if not done right.

So in sum....don't know who the Black Snoke Monster is, but won't mind so long as they pull of the backstory/identity well.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Revenge of the Sith, when Palpatine tells Anakin the story of the Sith Lord, that's Plagious (his old master, and it's confirmed).

If Snoke is Plagious, then he actually was able to use the force to manipulate life and save himself.  In this theory, Anakin would have been created by Plagious, and he would have taken the back seat to let Palpatine do a lot of the dirty work setting up the Empirical structure so he could come in  afterwards and take over with a new Sith Order (the First Order).

I really dislike the Plagieus theory, as it invalidates the first six movies.  It makes Anakin and Luke puppets of an unseen all powerful Sith Lord who can cheat death and has remained hidden for 60 years.  

I understand why people are drawn to the theory as Plagieus is the only villain to be mentioned in Episodes 1 thru 6 that is never seen.  Hopefully Snoke is someone new and not Plagieus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Anakin's birth would finally make sense. Plagueis created Anakin knowing he would be the strongest Sith Lord of all. To take advantage of that, Sidious killed Plagueis and took Anakin under his shoulder because he knew Anakin had been created by the dark power of Plagueis. Or some shit like that. It would make more sense than what he got (a woman getting pregnant out of thin air). 

So you're saying Plagueis's power to create life is impregnating a woman? I guess I have that "creating life" power as well. :P

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

So? What's your point? 

It was your contention that this article showed reasons why TFA would not ' hold up well'.  ( Whatever that means. )

He doesn't not present his opening thesis as an opinion... he presents it as a fact.

It's poor journalism. 

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

You're hilarious.  You just don't like hearing anyone else's opinion on something.  If it doesn't concur with what you feel then it's rubbish. So thanks for stating you had problems with it.  

Omg. rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

Drag ha, sisters.

Just now, DMan7 said:

So you're saying Plagueis's power to create life is impregnating a woman? I guess I have that "creating life" power as well. :P

It is a sci-fi movie :lol: Again, it makes more sense than what we got. 

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

"My father has it.  I have it.  You have that power too."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Snoke on the Water being Plagueis would on the one hand tie nicely into the Prequels and help truly make it one 9-film saga.

On the other hand, Snokey and the Bandit being Plagueis doesn't quite feel right, since it undermines Palpatine in general and the RotS opera scene in particular. Plus the midichlorian/Force handwaving that would be needed could fall quite flat if not done right.

So in sum....don't know who the Black Snoke Monster is, but won't mind so long as they pull of the backstory/identity well.

Why this need to explain EVERYTHING ?

It s a desease.

Can't we leave some things to the imagination ?

How about some ... ambiguity ?

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

You're hilarious.  You just don't like hearing anyone else's opinion on something.  If it doesn't concur with what you feel then it's rubbish.  So thanks for stating you had problems with it.  

No... It's more I knew exactly what you'd say if you were to respond to my opinion (which you did on cue) so it's irrelevant to me. It's nothing I haven't read a million times over the past week/in this thread. We all know you love TFA is my point, I'm looking for anyone who can be more objective.

In the EU, the implication was that Anakin wasn't created by Plagueis, but was a spontaneous occurrence in the Force created in reaction to Plagueis' experiments with the Force to manipulate the creation and sustaining of life. Anakin was therefore generated by the Force to destroy those who would throw the Force out of balance by essentially supplanting it with their own work.

• Like 1

BTW.....I really love Revenge of the Sith.  It's really a terrific film.  I realize most disagree with me, but it's powerful and well made and it contains so much SW lore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

In the EU, the implication was that Anakin wasn't created by Plagueis, but was a spontaneous occurrence in the Force created in reaction to Plagueis' experiments with the Force to manipulate the creation and sustaining of life. Anakin was therefore generated by the Force to destroy those who would throw the Force out of balance by essentially supplanting it with their own work.

Is that canon?

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Why this need to explain EVERYTHING ?

It s a desease.

Can't we leave some things to the imagination ?

How about some ... ambiguity ?

If you throw a Big Bad Dark Side guy into the mix running the show 30 years after the only Big Bad Dark Side Guys in the visual canon died, then you need to give some explanation for where he comes from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

No... It's more I knew exactly what you'd say if you were to respond to my opinion (which you did on cue) so it's irrelevant to me. It's nothing I haven't read a million times over the past week/in this thread. We all know you love TFA is my point, I'm looking for anyone who can be more objective.

Where's your objectivity then?  You don't like it so you have your own agenda.