AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

The Force is calling to you, just let in wasn't in the movie right or I have ADD, I waited for this line the whole movie to pop up  & there are rumors Lupita s role was cut down so ...

And the Luke quote we heard in the trailers was in fact from the OT, right ?

Just now, The Stingray said:

My only real issue was that I felt the plot was far too similar to A New Hope.

That's because it was.  That and the dumb nods to the audience about the previous movies.  I was expecting some and JJ didn't disappoint(unfortunately). 

The worst was Han asking if there was a garbage chute or a trash compactor.  He may as well have literally winked at the camera right then.  Ugh.

• Like 1

Not reading anything in this thread but I strongly object to this thread lol....this is like knowing you are getting married in one day and an alien spaceship lands and tells you that you can have sex with Emily Ratajkowski and no one will know and it will be guilt free because they have a special instrument to make sure of it.  

Are you going to not have sex with Emily Ratajkowski before your wedding night?

I guess the answer is yes, because I will not peak in here at all.  Enjoy yourselves you secret handshaking motherfuckers. :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

I don't see it being divisive at all, but maybe that's because my fanaticism with Star Wars is long past.  If it turns out that it is, then Star Wars fans are the worst.

They are the best or the worst depending on how you look at it. Keep in mind these are the folks who camped out 6 weeks for Phantom Menace and then forced themselves to watch it a dozen times in theaters. As I said, best or worst...depends on your perspective. If you are a rational human being, "worst" comes to mind pretty fast. If you are a Fox/Disney executive, "best" comes to mind pretty fast. :lol:

Edited by redfirebird2008

The Skylwalkers have terrible parental skills.

I do think something is happening with Luke s lightsaber.

Rey is being called by it.

And when she fights Kylo Ren, she s being overpowered but then she has a "Force" moment and she becomes a Jedi.

10 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

That's because it was.  That and the dumb nods to the audience about the previous movies.  I was expecting some and JJ didn't disappoint(unfortunately). 

The worst was Han asking if there was a garbage chute or a trash compactor.  He may as well have literally winked at the camera right then.  Ugh.

That and the scen when R2-D2 woke up and was "the last pize of the puzzel" was the the worst. The ending is bad.

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They are the best or the worst depending on how you look at it. Keep in mind these are the folks who camped out 6 weeks for Phantom Menance and then forced themselves to watch it a dozen times in theaters. As I said, best or worst...depends on your perspective. If you are a rational human being, "worst" comes to mind pretty fast. If you are a Fox/Disney executive, "best" comes to mind pretty fast. :lol:

I guess I just don't see how this one character's death is going send people into a frenzy.  It's not like Star Wars movies have never featured a death in them.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can't fathom people being outraged at this.  We shall see though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They are the best or the worst depending on how you look at it. Keep in mind these are the folks who camped out 6 weeks for Phantom Menace and then forced themselves to watch it a dozen times in theaters. As I said, best or worst...depends on your perspective. If you are a rational human being, "worst" comes to mind pretty fast. If you are a Fox/Disney executive, "best" comes to mind pretty fast. :lol:

I don't see why its so bad to be pissed off with Han dying, he was the favorite Star Wars character to many Star Wars fans.

28 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Skylwalkers have terrible parental skills.

I do think something is happening with Luke s lightsaber.

Rey is being called by it.

And when she fights Kylo Ren, she s being overpowered but then she has a "Force" moment and she becomes a Jedi.

Does it explain/show her and Finn training with the lightsabre?, i don't like this idea that they both somehow know how to use it and can fight a Sith Lord when one was a lowly stormtrooper and the other was a trash trading loner.

• Like 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

Does it explain/show her and Finn training with the lightsabre?, i don't like this idea that they both somehow know how to use it and can fight a Sith Lord when one was a lowly stormtrooper and the other was a trash trading loner.

Get used to it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

I guess I just don't see how this one character's death is going send people into a frenzy.  It's not like Star Wars movies have never featured a death in them.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can't fathom people being outraged at this.  We shall see though.

I mean people have wanted a sequel to Jedi for 30 years and Han is arguably the most loved character. Killing him off so quickly could rub some folks the wrong way.

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

oh you wont like it.. no training nothing.. she just masters it and beats kylo..

• Like 1