CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

9 minutes ago, spizzer said:

I had TPM admissions estimated at 860-880M with TFA's current splits (remember its been running at a bit above 10 bucks a ticket so far, and it needs 84-85M admissions, though 3D should gradually decline so could go lower).  But I think that's looking pretty done as well.  

EDIT:  Avatar admissions should be topped at 760-780M depending on 3D splits.

this was the best 3D non CGI film I have ever seen. Yes Avatar and maybe a few of the Pixar films had better 3D, but not for live action.

All of my repeat viewings will be in 3D. I saw it in 2D my 2nd timeit felt like a step down and it is really for me the 1st film since Avatar I prefer to see in 3D. I believe others feel the same way. I think WOM of will be "you should see this in 3D"

Edited by tokila
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, #ED2-D2 said:

We're getting ahead of ourselves like always, why can't we just take this 1 day at a time?

Ed, make a Google Sheet. Throw in the numbers for the first four days. Check other major Christmas releases -- AVATAR, ROTK, etc -- and drop in some estimated percentages. Be conservative. Calculate through the new year's weekend. Then look at the cumulative gross.

You'll find it's within $50m-100m of AVATAR (depending on your numbers), and coming off a $70-100m weekend.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Tuesday is going to be very interesting. Avatar only dropped 1.8%. This will probably take a decent dive though...

yes, the tension wont let up for tomorrow, the roller coater will continue right thru Jan3rd, and then we will dissect the post holiday drop on the 4th.

very exciting. like tracking Jaws, ANH, ET and Titanic right now. Fuck Avatar, that's not in the same league(below 1B un/adjusted)

4 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

We're getting ahead of ourselves like always, why can't we just take this 1 day at a time?

Sunday and Monday holds are legendary. It's having normal Christmas holds which will lead to 4-5 multiplier. Avatar is absolutely toast with very good shot at 1B+ domestic. 

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Ed, make a Google Sheet. Throw in the numbers for the first four days. Check other major Christmas releases -- AVATAR, ROTK, etc -- and drop in some estimated percentages. Be conservative. Calculate through the new year's weekend. Then look at the cumulative gross.

You'll find it's within $50m-100m of AVATAR (depending on your numbers), and coming off a $70-100m weekend.

It's 2AM tho...

• Like 2