CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

Actual were exactly what was predicted. Every day Star Wars continue to amaze more and more. I can't see how it don't top the Avatar record. It will be at $500 by sunday (being conservative), it looks a lot but these weekdays are HUGE. The it has another huge 7 days to make at least $150 more ($650 in 17 days). Avatar will fall, but by how much? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Well, Titanic originally made 350 Million Yuan in China, and using exchange rate back then, yes, 44 Million USD sounds about right.

Titanic was a monster success in China, I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone who has not seen it. Back in 1998, that's when the market size is tiny and a huge hit in the theatres would amount to maybe 5 Million USD in China? And then comes Titanic, raising the bar by 9 or 10 times.

Titanic would be like if a film releases in China today, and it grosses 8 to 9 times as much as Furious 7 (390M), we'll never see anything like that again. That's why no matter how much TFA makes overseas, it will never come anywhere close to the impact of Titanic (the number 1 box office phenomenon of human history). Avatar didn't come close to it, but at least it tripled the domestic highest gross in China, another achievement that can never to reached again. People are really not appreciating the runs of Avatar and Titanic in Asia, they are monsters, TFA isn't an event compared to them, at least in the eastern Asia region. 

Oh, Titanic maintained the highest grossing film in China from 1998 to 2009, in the expanding market of China:lol:

Wow. Its actually true!! Thats even more, much more, incredible and unbelievable than Avatar's China run!! " People are really not appreciating the runs of Avatar and Titanic in Asia, they are monsters, TFA isn't an event compared to them, at least in the eastern Asia region. "  That is exactly what I try to stress many times here. They were both simply at a complete other level than what anything, TFA included, can even hope for.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 3