baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's tricky. Discount Ticket Tuesday usually leads to a big drop Wednesday but the holidays will help offset it. Normally we would see a Wednesday drop of 25-30% but I'm hoping for 10-12%. 

15-20% drop is already great, IMO. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Still going great guns here in the UK. There are sell outs at my local tonight, and those that aren't sold out are 90%+ full. It already has the biggest ever single day, fri, sat and Sunday, but wont take the Monday from Spectre. It also has the biggest 'real' 3/4 Day opening weekend almost double Jurassic World. (Spectres was actually counted as 7 days, but TFA will take more over its first 7..).

Tomorrow is also really busy, sell outs already showing. Weekend drop will be big though because most cinemas arent open Christmas day in the UK.

It did take the biggest Monday, just not Tuesday as that was Spectre's first full day of release. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

When the excitement of seeing the old cast again dies down and the realization kicks in that TFA is just a rehash of old Star Wars cliches, the hype will die down. Mark my words! :sweat:

Weird, I thought the old cast was the weakest part.  Carrie Fisher was unrecognizable and her face didn't move.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's tricky. Discount Ticket Tuesday usually leads to a big drop Wednesday but the holidays will help offset it. Normally we would see a Wednesday drop of 25-30% but I'm hoping for 10-12%. 

You just want drama between #teamtele & #teambaumer. 10-12% would be fun!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vadermort said:

If it does insane business in china, will it get anywhere close to Avatars WW gross of $2.7bn ? 

If it gets to $1 Billion domestic, it's got a chance at Avatar that's heavily dependent on China's performance.

If it gets to $1.1 Billion domestic, I think Avatar WW is toast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Me and Tele just made a bet.  I say it drops 5% or less....he has it at 17%, the middle number here is 11%.  Whoever is closer is declared the winner and the loser will donate $25.00 to the site towards the 2016 goal.

Much to learn you still have, Tele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk

Edited by DAR

As expected the BO in the English speaking countries of the world was expected to be death star sized for SW7FA, and that due to the large population in North America, the gross there was going to be the largest......

........BUT it is not the highest grossing region for gross / population.

Going by the opening weekend gross SWTFA grossed some $1.05 for every person in Australia

In the UK+Ireland the figure is $0.73...........and for N.America (USA+Canada) the figure is $0.68.

Needless to say i rounded the current populations up, and the figures don't take into account the different ticket prices in each region, but i'am just posting this as a guide as to how well the film is performing in these territories.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Smh, TGD is having great holds, now. Way to late to save it's run. 

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Holidays plus TFA spillover?

Parents realizing they'd rather take their kids to a lower rated Pixar film then Chipmunks?  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, #ED2-D2 said:

The 1B talk is serious?

:thinking:

Same way, OW record wasn't possible in December talk was. People are busy with shopping and traveling and guess what it shattered that record by 40M. Same way, 4 multiplier isn't possible because of burned off demand and guess what it's been crazy backloaded so far. 57/62.1/68.3/60.55/40.1/37.36 average of over 54M so far and yet you question the 1B talk. It may not get it but it's still a valid conversation. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Weird, I thought the old cast was the weakest part.  Carrie Fisher was unrecognizable and her face didn't move.

For me it was her voice that was the most off. But i guess it makes sense. Leia probably started hitting the space whiskey and death sticks pretty hard after Alderaan was destroyed, finally caught up to her.

• Like 3