Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

1 minute ago, 75live said:

I'll help while you got to a computer ;)

It is a simple story and I don't mean that as an insult.  You have the poor guy that everyone still loves and roots for going with the woman that while has everything, doesn't have a real life and finds it instantly with him.  It's a couple most want and can root for, as they literally complete each other's lives.  

Yes there was Leo-mania which just like the 3d for Avatar was ONE factor.  Not the main factor like some want to say for each movie.  But to say those are the ONLY reasons either of those movies did well is just purposely downplaying both movies and ignoring everything else.

You have the real story of the Titanic which has been romanticized and talked about ever since it sank.  There is a historical society, clubs and such that rival even the fanboy type stuff.  The real story of the band playing until the very end, the sinking itself, etc, etc.  Plus at one point the Titanic was the second most written about subject in books only behind some guy...what's his name...something to do with this holiday coming up...oh that's right JESUS!!!  Not a bad person to be in second place to on the list.

This doesn't even get into the work and effort and look of the movie itself that drew you into the time period.

I'll let baumer do the rest as I have to get going to see Star Wars again ;)

The problem with titanic, you have to watch it unbiased and without prejudice. I'm honest, in '97 i hated this movie and had only watched it for an half hour.

But some years later i watched the movie for the first time completely (and unbiased) and at the end i realized why people loved this movie so much and i also liked this movie and the more i watched it the more i began to love it. Titanic has this kind of magic which you cant describe.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

Wait...so how is this not a record?

Like...just...what

A lot of movies have opened on Wednesdays so there are a handful of Wednesdays bigger than TFA's Wednesday.  However, this is by far and away the biggest non-opening Wednesday in history.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SoSaysI said:

A lot of movies have opened on Wednesdays so there are a handful of Wednesdays bigger than TFA's Wednesday.  However, this is by far and away the biggest non-opening Wednesday in history.

So then it's a record.

It's not every Wednesday's record, but still is a record.

What a silly sentence...not a record.....well no fucking shit lady does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

Of course it's not the best Wednesday of all time, movies have opened on a Wednesday before...but as WE ALL KNOW, this is the best non opening Wednesday of all time.

This company is a monster (in Deputy Girard's voice)

• Like 16