Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

the reason of why titanic being so beloved until now, is that, no major epic love story being released since 1970. The last big scale melodrama since titanic was doctor zhivago during 1965, since then, Hollywood were so eager to produce sci-fi and action blockbuster, like star wars trilogy, indiana jone, ET, back to future, batman, jurassic park, 007 and so on and so forth. Those blockbuster was aimed to meet fan boys's demand. The girl's needs was completely ignored by the time.

When titanic released in 1997, it combined an old-fashioned tragic love story and spectacular visual effect, the hybrid to approach adopted by James Cameron was extremely successful as US and audience across the world are eagerly thirsty for a new generation iconic couple, which was unseen for more than 3 decade.

Even until now, when we talk about the iconic couple on the sea, the general public will still talk about the tale on titanic, not to mention that immensely popular themed song-titanic.

The titanic's success is largely attributed to the girl's power, that's not much films that filled with feminist element able to storm box office.      

Please be aware:

a lot more females do not (at all or mostly) like romance nor drama than you seem to assume.

And there are males, who prefer romance and/or drama over 'explosions'.

Stereotypes...

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Please be aware:

a lot more females do not (at all or mostly) like romance nor drama than you seem to assume.

And there are males, who prefer romance and/or drama over 'explosions'.

Stereotypes...

i'm referring this matter in GENERAL term,not absolute, nothing is absolute in this world~ 

15 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

the reason of why titanic being so beloved until now, is that, no major epic love story being released since 1970. The last big scale melodrama since titanic was doctor zhivago during 1965, since then, Hollywood were so eager to produce sci-fi and action blockbuster, like star wars trilogy, indiana jone, ET, back to future, batman, jurassic park, 007 and so on and so forth. Those blockbuster was aimed to meet fan boys's demand. The girl's needs was completely ignored by the time.

When titanic released in 1997, it combined an old-fashioned tragic love story and spectacular visual effect, the hybrid to approach adopted by James Cameron was extremely successful as US and audience across the world are eagerly thirsty for a new generation iconic couple, which was unseen for more than 3 decade.

Even until now, when we talk about the iconic couple on the sea, the general public will still talk about the tale on titanic, not to mention that immensely popular themed song-titanic.

The titanic's success is largely attributed to the girl's power, that's not much films that filled with feminist element able to storm box office.      

Er Titanic was hated for a lot of years, on the internet at least. Its only over the last few years that people would admit how good it was, especially guys.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CJ Ren said:

Titanic is a bit of a mess because JW passed his original run but stays below it when you add the re-release so I decided to not mention it :lol:

Avengers passed its original run too. James Cameron was shady with that re-release.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

This is an amazing Wednesday hold now the sky is the limit. I do expect it to fall off at some point. I mean everything above 1B is totaly insane. I guess 2.5B Dom is the celling cause then every american/canadian would have seen the movie :D (Even the litle babys)

That would be 3.5B.  Minus $20m for prison inmates but the repeat viewings will make up for them.:P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

@Baumer Fett, I've donated $25 to the forums. Congratulations to all of us!

In other news, my wife came home and immediately asked when we were gonna see SW again. I started looking for seats at good theaters over the next several days and everything is taken. Finally found decent seats at the Arclight Hollywood Dome the day after Christmas, at least we can see it in Laser-3D.

quentin-tarantino-on-the-howard-stern-sh

QT is getting fucked.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol popcorn films that carbon copy greatness will never match the feats of titanic or avatar.  Lol.  With all the hype, sws failed to beat jps os opening.  Epic fail. Needed that domestic and more territories and running at more times to even squeeze by jps ww opening  record .Best look at the whole picture.  Lol. Avatar and titanic hold ww.

Meltdowns are going to be epic when Avatar 2 takes the domestic and ww maxes even further in 2017. Can carry 2 beat force awakens by 1.5 to 2b plus overall is going to be the question.  Love it

Can dream even keep the momentum after force awakens.  Lol.  Better wakeup my crazy Jedi's. 

The Kübler-Ross model postulates a series of emotional stages experienced by survivors of an intimate's death, wherein the five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Er Titanic was hated for a lot of years, on the internet at least. Its only over the last few years that people would admit how good it was, especially guys.

sometime people would just being envy to other's people achievement, especially when titanic become the highest grossing film for such a long time while grabbing 11 oscar(most awarded). Just let them be, the force must be in equilibrium.    

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jessie said:

SW7 won't top it's worldwide figure so he will still be king of the workd

Not so sure about this.  If SW7 gets to around $1.1 Billion domestically, Avatar WW is definitely in play.  A 40/60 domestic to overseas split would give the movie $2.75 Billion WW at that point. 

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

i'm referring this matter in GENERAL term,not absolute, nothing is absolute in this world~ 

As those kind of stereotypes are way to ingrained in too many people

= please help to break them down (in little steps) via formulations that make your true meaning clear and such do not add to those instead. ;)

Beside, even in general terms I do think the percentages / impression is off, but that does also take those into account who do not even go to a cinema ( = sadly the fast majority of e.g. the US population)

How can a film that crushed the domestic and world wide box office be a fluke? Was it a fluke that Avatar had a 10x? Revisionist history is veddy veddy bad Jerry.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Haha definitely. Of course Guardians isn't on Star Wars level but since the first one was maybe Marvel's best film and had great WOM, I imagine it's going to do amazing business ($130 million OW, $400 million domestic if it's on the originals level) which isn't something even Star Wars wants spillover from due to such a close date and similar content. If they're dead set on leaving Star Wars for Memorial weekend (I believe they are especially since it's the 40th anniversary of the franchise) then switching GOTG 2 with Thor 3 would make the most sense to me for both brands. Why compete with yourself? lol

Thor 3 is not going to be ready for a May release. 

• Like 1