druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

That depends mainly on China. I'd say OS total minus China will be right at $1 billion. It will do $800 million - $1.1 billion domestic. China could be anywhere from $150 to $400 million. Who knows :wacko:

Outup from China doesnt look promising judging from its current performance in other Asian territory.

Titianic's WW (2.18 BN) should be what TFA is aiming for.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Haven't been on much due to real life commitments keeping me way too busy, didn't even check the Star Wars OW numbers till 2 days ago. The numbers are insane, but I did expect much higher page counts on the weekend threads than we seem to have got. 

• Like 4

Just now, FTF said:

55-58m…hidden in the thread hidden.

Sorry when I saw it, I thought it still said Friday, I may just not have refreshed the page yet. my bad :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Haven't been on much due to real life commitments keeping me way too busy, didn't even check the Star Wars OW numbers till 2 days ago. The numbers are insane, but I did expect much higher page counts on the weekend threads than we seem to have got. 

The forum has been on fire every day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Kal is a delusional dreamer, he'll keep fighting the good fight until there's no more.

Star Wars could have the domestic record by over 500m and over 3b Domestic and Kal wouldnt give up.  He'd say people were confused and thought they were going to see Avatar 2.  He'll say the economic collapse hindered Avatar and it only made half the money it should have.  He'll have some crazy excuse.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Star Wars could have the domestic record by over 500m and over 3b Domestic and Kal wouldnt give up.  He'd say people were confused and thought they were going to see Avatar 2.  He'll say the economic collapse hindered Avatar and it only made half the money it should have.  He'll have some crazy excuse.

I just checked into that thread and saw his glorious post about how TFA won't be able to compete with Avatar's TV showings.  :rofl:

Oh Kal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Gold Derby's list is wack. BOS isn't gaining any traction outside of Rylance. I don't think Revenant is a sure thing either. 

If I had to guess now - 

Carol

Spotlight

The Martian

Mad Max

The Big Short

Room

Brooklyn

Revenant (fringe)

TFA (fringe)

Straight Outta Compton (SAG nom + major calls for diversity lead me to think this one could make it in) 

The Revenant is just too OMG DIRECTORIAL AND ARTISIC FEAT to

miss. Bridge of Spies is still ahead of SOC and has hit some of the minor precursors. The Academy probably won't forget it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Gold Derby's list is wack. BOS isn't gaining any traction outside of Rylance. I don't think Revenant is a sure thing either. 

If I had to guess now - 

Carol

Spotlight

The Martian

Mad Max

The Big Short

Room

Brooklyn

Revenant (fringe)

TFA (fringe)

Straight Outta Compton (SAG nom + major calls for diversity lead me to think this one could make it in) 

I'm getting more and more weary of The Revenant. I'm still expecting it to get nominated in:

Picture

Director

Actor

Cinematography

Editing

Makeup

Sound Editing

Sound Mixing

It has a very small shot at getting in Screenplay, Star Wars is probably ahead of it at this point there. Production Design and Visual Effects are stacked this year.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Will take your word for it. Would have loved to be a part of all the discussions here over the past week and a bit, sounds like it was fun.

It is 5 AM and I am still here. I just can't go to sleep, this place is too good right now.

Everything ok with you? How have been the last few days?

• Like 1