druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, DeeCee said:

100m+ 3rd weekend is locked.

Looking at the drops during the New Year's W/E when Avatar was around, I agree. Sherlock Holmes had the highest drop at 41%, and that was a Christmas opener with questionable WOM; some films even saw increases. I think a sub 25% drop could be in the cards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Also, before anyone cries, these are honestly great numbers.

Avatar held so well the first weekend partially because of a snowstorm that moved a lot of opening weekend business to Christmas weekend.  Star Wars is coming off an OW over 3x the size of Avatars.  Realistically, numbers can only get so big, especially with 5 new wide releases eating up showtimes.

150-160m 2nd Weekend is better than all but the very highest of openers can do on their OW.  That also puts a 100m+ 3rd weekend in the cards.  That's huge.

Indeed, $58-59 M is still the 5th best Saturday gross in history (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/f-th.htm?page=Sat&p=.htm)

In fact, if 58-59 M holds up, SW7's gonna have 2 of the 5 biggest Saturday grosses ever.

Ironically enough, I still can't understand why Iron Man 3's saturday number was 6M above Age of Ultron...?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Looking at the drops during the New Year's W/E when Avatar was around, I agree. Sherlock Holmes had the highest drop at 41%, and that was a Christmas opener with questionable WOM; some films even saw increases. I think a sub 25% drop could be in the cards.

So do I.  The Monday number will give us a better idea.

4 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Indeed, $58-59 M is still the 5th best Saturday gross in history (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/f-th.htm?page=Sat&p=.htm)

In fact, if 58-59 M holds up, SW7's gonna have 2 of the 5 biggest Saturday grosses ever.

Ironically enough, I still can't understand why Iron Man 3's saturday number was 6M above Age of Ultron...?

Trevor. His power

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rth said:

now if it was a 58-69 :P

Huh so which is it? Early to Mid 60s honestly wouldn't surprise me. 58-59 is great though and that's what I'm guessing is correct but it will be fun to check this in a few hours once the WC becomes more clear.

Just now, somebody85 said:

Huh so which is it? Early to Mid 60s honestly wouldn't surprise me. 58-59 is great though and that's what I'm guessing is correct but it will be fun to check this in a few hours once the WC becomes more clear.

Spoiler

69 is a sex number and Rth is replying to a post about excited tempting

• Like 1