baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It very well could, I think flat is more realistic though. Plenty of people still working tomorrow.

And there were today too.  The reason it drops on holiday tuesdays is because the same amount of people are seeing it on Tuesday and Wednesday, but because tickets are cheaper on Tuesday, it causes a drop.  Wednesday will be back to normal.  That's my theory.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

And there were today too.  The reason it drops on holiday tuesdays is because the same amount of people are seeing it on Tuesday and Wednesday, but because tickets are cheaper on Tuesday, it causes a drop.  Wednesday will be back to normal.  That's my theory.  

Discount Tuesday! Drink! I get that theory & it was (somewhat) correct last week.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 3

filnally caught up (was over 50 pages behind in the wknd thread)

watched the force awakens for the 2nd time yesterday, film is an easy A, loved it.

another huge tuesday incoming.

• Like 8

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

Yep, here's Disney if they are at 599 tomorrow instead of 600

718.gif

I always say that Disney just doesn't care enough about the BO to fudge numbers. They do this repeatedly with movie after movie. They just report the BO and move on.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Oh god, this is going to end up at like 27.5 million and be just shy of 600 million, isn't it.

That's the course this movie's gone on.

Final domestic total is going to be 999.94m, with a 2.785b WW total.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

This doesn't change my point at all, I'm afraid. If true, your statement merely means that most films experience somewhat deflated daily numbers at some point in their run. And that includes TFA.

While bad weather is affecting plenty of places in the Midwest, good weather is permeating throughout most of the rest of the country the past week. That's the counter, it's a factor but it's being massively overstated.

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fuck. This thing is crumbling. Not a record.

:apocalypse:

I know it's not just you, but I think this joke has been used one too many times for SW.  It's kind of pass ed it's expiration date now.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I know it's not just you, but I think this joke has been used one too many times for SW.  It's kind of pass ed it's expiration date now.

you're just trying to deny that it's #crumbling

• Like 1