baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I don't know about that. He is Indy and Han Solo, those are the draw. He co-created (and acted) those roles, so he should be given credit for that, sure.

to me he is also Deckard, Book, and Turner

And I didn't forgot his Kimble and Ryan

Not saying he is THE responsible for the success, but memorable enogh to be interested ... (was heisst aufmerken auf englsich? Steht nicht in meinem Dictionary) if I hear a movie has him as the lead.

Still wouldn't watch a movie with him, if the movie's story wouldn't interest me as well. The story is in 99.9% of the cases my main draw

5 hours ago, RogueLeader said:

You know what this forum REALLY NEEDS for this movie? A thread that focuses more on the worldwide gross!

There has been so much focus on the Domestic gross, the foreign gross has been almost completely neglected.

I wonder what the final Worldwide gross will look like, especially after this thing opens in all territories like China! 

5 hours ago, Vadermort said:

Completely agreed ? Main focus has been on DOM but its foriegn market has also been astounding, WW number looks sweeter than DOM. 

You guys are new, but do you know we have a whole forum for only international grosses, and another forum for China only? In the international forum, there are threads per country and per movie. :) 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/41-international-box-office/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

You guys are new, but do you know we have a whole forum for only international grosses, and another forum for China only? In the international forum, there are threads per country and per movie. :) 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/41-international-box-office/

I have repeatedly found, that I wasn't the only one (for several months!) who didn't realise that from the very beginning.

Maybe - as already suggested in the past - add some hints and links in a FAQ per sub-forum?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I am pretty sure that ammount for dom wasn't part of any cast's / crew contract.

I think that's more for the execs at Lucasfilm and Disney.  But I don't think even they had anything built in for 1b domestic

• Like 1

I know that I'm late to the party, but Jesus, that SW fever is pure madness! I went to watch the movie last Sunday, and at least 80% of persons at the shopping mall was wearing a SW T-shirt (probably thanks to our biggest clothing store that is selling everything about SW), then, I watched the movie with a full room, and everybody screamed when an old character appeared, after this, I went to a kids store for some X-Mas gifts, and everything there was about SW, even my mother that don't like going to cinema, already watched the movie two times, and even bought the cup of the movie, this is insane, especially because SW was never a big brand here, I definitely never saw something like this and I doubt it will see something like this again

• Like 9

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

I will still be surprised if TFA goes over $800m DOM. Most likely, it will top off between $750 and $800 million.

You do realize even a conservative estimate puts it around 720-730 after this weekend, right? And it'll be coming off an 85-100m weekend. Even if it falls off a cliff it'll still do something like 850. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I will still be surprised if TFA goes over $800m DOM. Most likely, it will top off between $750 and $800 million.

That's certainly a different take than just about everyone else on here, who seem to view $900 mil as the minimum DOM for SW. You think it'll crash pretty hard after the holidays?