#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't think it will make $1.1b Dom!

It's currently at 49% DOM, 51% OS.

At 49% DOM share (Highest):

950m DOM -> 988 OS / 1938m WW, 248m needed in China.

1000m DOM ->1041 OS / 2041 WW, 145m needed in China.

At 46% Dom Share (Lowest):

950m Dom -> 1115 OS / 2065m WW, 121m needed in China

1000 Dom -> 1173 OS / 2173m WW, 8m needed in China.

It's very possible it doesn't beat titanic WW right now.

No its not

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

I think that since the holidays are over, the demand will be more concentrated toward the weekend for obvious reasons (kids back in school, people going back to work). This could deflate the drop next weekend.

Thats a good point, I feel like the weekdays have burned off a lot of the weekend demand these last two weeks.

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

You use release date calendar details, exactly like I assumed

= not the correct numbers, you need per country OW,... 2nd WE, ... details added up = for each Weekend an own chart to collect per country what they made at weekend 1, WE 2,..., the sum of ech chart are the OS per weekend numbers.

It's a lot of work, but doable

I think @IronJimbo was just talking about the similarity between the Chinese releases. I could be wrong but I think the other markets also had pretty much similar opening dates and China is/was the last major market for both movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Just so you guys know it already has a roughly 3x multiplier.

Fantastic but nothing unusual for a Xmas opener... Disney should really move the sequels to December

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Fantastic but nothing unusual for a Xmas opener... Disney should really move the sequels to December

I agree.  Ep 8 is sandwiched in a crowded Summer. It won't get the same screen/theater dominance, especially the IMAX dominance.  Ep 8 looks to hurt Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as well.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Incredible run so far but this is the final moment of truth for Force Awakens :

non holidays week days numbers

first non holiday week end

LOL moment of truth.

• Like 2

For all the OS dom percentage crunchers: IMHO it's nonsense to start with that before the run is over... worldwide.

1. it opened at different days / weeks

2. countries have at different days their public holidays

3. countries have different laws, at which public holiday it is allowed to open a cinema at which time

4. countries have at different days school holiday

5. countries have different religions, and as such different family ... traditions

6. countries have different weather (we have snow, enough to make today a bad day for cinemas)

7. countries have partly strongly varying exchange rates even during a movies' run (what makes a direct comparison to a movie a few years back, 10 years bach... without taking that into consideration a bit senseless, exception studio/distributer accounts. But even those do not suffer as much as ppl tend to think in some countries, see Disney building a park in Shanghai...

8. countries have different seasons and as such different strong months and so on

9. OS / dom relations are not as differeing for certain groups of movies, too many reasons for that to list them here

and and and

After all is counted and calculated (BOM = updates even 2 years later OS datas! But that are usually not big numbers anymore), than it makes sense to discuss why movie xy has that split and movi kz another one

• Like 2

Some think just because the holiday season is over that TFA will just fade away with large precipitous drops from here on out like most mega blockbusters after 2.5 weeks of play. We're talking about a movie that has shown remarkable holds day in day out for 17 days. It's weekends have been muted a tad because of the giant weekday grosses. I think the weekends should be~40% drops or smaller going forward. Next weekend could be a little higher drop 45%, but should settle in after that. All-time #1's normally do not fade away that quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

:/

I usually always agree with you my brother, but you're so wrong this time :P 

You should probably check our my top ten list in the Speakeasy. I think you're gonna like the top 5. 

• Like 1

The success of Daddy's Home is a surprise, but it probably shouldn't be. Will Ferrell is very consistent at the box office. Except for Casa de mi Padre (which is pretty far out there, conceptually, for the general audience), he hasn't had a disappointment since Land of the Lost in 2009.

In the past decade, he's had seven films pass $100m, and another three above $85m. He's basically become Adam Sandler for comedy consistency. None of his films really set in memory, but they all generally do rather well. I think it's partially surprising because none of his live action forays come close to Elf in terms of Box office, so it's like he started at the top and has only come down.

Daddy's Home has a shot at becoming his highest grossing live action venture since Talladega Nights.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think @IronJimbo was just talking about the similarity between the Chinese releases. I could be wrong but I think the other markets also had pretty much similar opening dates and China is/was the last major market for both movies.

He uses those % as proof... basus for calculations... all over the forum = not logical.

plus if you look up the counted territories, how many at which weekend = the datas at BOM are either wonky or the movie had another release pattern.

Beside that: even 1 other country at another day can have an impact and so on.

depending on the year the countries had another style / method to count and report the datas, when... they report what. I followed in depth BOM international datas, they added a lot not correctly r only estimated or...

I think nowadays the percentage of fast reports is very high (beside the fraud problems in China, see their push for a local hero bio epos), and mostly more reliable.

I don't care wich movie is #1 or #2 or ww or whereever, but if using numbers than complete numbers...

• Like 1

o.k. forum acts up, no idea if this is already posted as I do not see the last few minutes of posts..

JOY: $13.1M Overseas Total / $51.8M Global Total

• Like 1