WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

48 minutes ago, In the Heart of the Tree said:

I've been saying this is breaking out for OW, for ages... YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME GUYS. I'M ALWAYS GODDAMN RIGHT. :ohmygod:

I knew it would do "well" (by that I mean at least better than WrathofHan's 12M ;) but I was too scared to predict a breakout.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Unless it's J Edgar. ;)

Denzel can also do it.

Yeah, I was trying to think of anyone else, but you're right Denzel opens well with pretty much anything. Although Leo tends to have much tougher sells.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

Just now, DAJK said:

I knew it would do "well" (by that I mean at least better than WrathofHan's 12M ;) but I was too scared to predict a breakout.

Who else predicted above 40M in the derby or in predictions threads? I can't be the only one.

38 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Welp, I was wrong. This is going to blow past the rest of Inarritu's filmography. 

Me too. Was thinking mid 20s

They shouldn't call it a western, it doesn't have that feel, that has a negative connotation for some, especially overseas. Tarrentino was calling Django a "southern"

It doesn't take place in the late 1800s with repeating rifles, cowboy hats, ranchers and gun slingers. It's out west but in the 1830s

Edited by No Prisoners

Just now, In the Heart of the Tree said:

Who else predicted above 40M in the derby or in predictions threads? I can't be the only one.

haha. I predicted like $25m and I thought it was a bit high...

Just now, In the Heart of the Tree said:

You may be. I dunno why but I haven't made any predicts in the derby (yet).

But my official prediction was around 29M I think. Hats off to you Tree;)

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Speaking of Denzel, The Magnificent Seven is going to kill it later this year even if it sucks. Denzel and Pratt in a mostly dead September and October slate? Yeah, 150+ is very likely. 

Don't forget Pizzaman.

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

This January is going to be massive. This weekend is going to be great, and next weekend is shaping up to be insanity.

13 Hours is getting dumped so I guess you are betting big on Ride Along 2?

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You may be. I dunno why but I haven't made any predicts in the derby (yet).

But my official prediction was around 29M I think. Hats off to you Tree;)

I may still be way off.