WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just now, Baumer said:

Btw Mara is terrific in this. Is she getting any oscar talk?

1) Yes, she is. And there's a lot of drama of over her category placement.

2) Are you in a dark movie theater right now and on here? Da fuq Baumer, you're breaking like all of the important rules of being a movie fan. Turn in your membership on the way out. Lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Even doping them up on a ton of Nyquil or something before taking them is better parenting than just letting them outright watch The Revenant. I mean damn. 

I was once in a theater in India where plenty of parents had brought their little kids along, which would have been fine for most Indian movies, but this movie's title itself was "The Dirty Picture", it was a biopic of a famous Indian sex symbol actress. Still can't believe parents thought this movie would be suitable for kids

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Im at home.

Waging the finger of shame at piracy but at least you aren't engaging in terrible movie theater etiquette. I mean, everyone on this board should know what not to do lol.

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, Travod said:

Anyone saying that Mara is better than Blanchett in Carol must be smoking something tbh.

they're both great, but I prefer mara. blanchett's a little more obviously "actory" but I could see why that could be more appealing to the simpler folks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Travod said:

AnyonBlanchethat Mara is better than Bla.nchett in Carol must be smoking something tbh.

Mara is much better in this than Blanchett

45 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Some parents are just irresponsible. I wonder why cinemas don't operate a policy where young children can't be brought into films after 9 or 10pm, R rated or not, it's not fair on the child who wouldn't understand it or find it upsetting. 

37 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's frustrating, not just because they'll likely be loud, but because I know watching a grown man get mauled by a bear and eat a liver raw isn't something a 6-7 year old is going to be okay with seeing.

Not only is it going to be emotionally scarring for a child to see something they aren't ready for, the entire theater has to sit and listen to them being traumatized.  It's a no win situation.  

As much as we complain about MPAA being strict, keeping 12 and under children out of R-rated movies and movies past 9pm would be for the best.

Totally not understanding what the time of day has to do with it.  It's okay to bring a 12 year old at 3:00, but not 10:00?

Then you're dealing with the fact that you're telling people what they can and cannot do with their own kids.  

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LOL really makes you wonder if these people just show up at the theater, look at the marquee to see what's playing without doing their homework beforehand, and deciding on the most random/inappropriate title there is and saying, "yep, that totally sounds like a fun time for our entire family."

You don't have to wonder anymore, it happens all the goddamn time.  

11 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Totally not understanding what the time of day has to do with it.  It's okay to bring a 12 year old at 3:00, but not 10:00?

Then you're dealing with the fact that you're telling people what they can and cannot do with their own kids.  

You don't have to wonder anymore, it happens all the goddamn time.  

I agree  the time of day should have nothing to do with it.   But there should be age limit for Rated R movies.  We have all kinds of laws to protect children from their parents, too bad most aren't enforced enough but this doesn't need the gov't or a law, just common sense implementation and rules by the industry.  There's already one in place that parents can't take their children to Rated X movies.  Same concept.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm guessing this one is too because nowhere in my post did I mention Ride Along 2, let alone it being of "higher quality" than The Revenant. Quit while you're ahead.

Go back and read before you post. I didn't said your post was idiotic. I was referring to another post that stated that it's a shame that a trash like Revenant beats SW instead of the higher quality film like Ride Along 2.

• Like 1