WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

1 hour ago, James said:

I'm thinking RA2 - The Revenant - TFA - 13 Hours. The Revenant and SW  were very close this weekend and The Revenant should be the type of movie that has very light drops.

I Think they'll both drop in the 35-40% range, which would keep TFA just ahead of Revenant. It's the MLK weekend. The drops will be slightly smaller for most of the movies. 

5 hours ago, ForcedForward said:

If I was Disney, I would start thinking of ways to put it over the top.  Looking at JW and considering a little more crazy fans wanting to see it again before it leaves the theater it should do 120 million more putting it about 70 million short of 1 billion.

They should've been working on this ALL ALONG!

Trying to do it so late in the game is a mistake.

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

That ship has sailed. 

tumblr_o0rpd9dEDr1tdrjkfo1_400.gif

Jesus! Who was that knocking into DiCaprio?

That looked like a major offense!

Edit: Ahhhh OK its Lady Gaga! Jesus! She looks old as hell!

Woman looks like 50+. Can't believe how terrible her appearance is.

Edited by RogueLeader

Anyway, back on topic.

I am still shocked to hell this movie isn't making more than it is. I was just at a screening tonight at my local theater and the crowd was pretty impressive for a 630PM showing on a Monday night.

You'd think it was a weekend crowd!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

Jesus! Who was that knocking into DiCaprio?

That looked like a major offense!

Edit: Ahhhh OK its Lady Gaga! Jesus! She looks old as hell!

Woman looks like 50+. Can't believe how terrible her appearance is.

confused-animated-gif.gif?gs=a

• Like 18

we live in the fast and furious age of consumerism , movies gotta make their dough while the iron is hot and that shit is like a falling star burning bright and fast then poof of course you have the rare exception per laws of nature but i don't think  TFA is that ! going to see it today for my 5th viewing kkk

• Like 1

Post-Revenant thoughts: extremely strong with a few weaknesses. Pretty much like all other potential BP nominees this year.

Problem is that among Oscar contenders, there's no giant among Giants. They're all kinds on the same level, with a few only marginally better than others.

Saw TFA at the Chinese today. What an amazing experience!! I've never seen a movie look that good. Anyone who can watch movies like that regularly is so spoiled lol. The laser IMAX 3D is ridiculously good but so was the sound and the massive screen. All for $1.75 more than I pay for my LieMax screen. Painful lol

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Post-Revenant thoughts: extremely strong with a few weaknesses. Pretty much like all other potential BP nominees this year.

Problem is that among Oscar contenders, there's no giant among Giants. They're all kinds on the same level, with a few only marginally better than others.

We still don't have BP nominees this year

;)

• Like 1

Thursday ...

Thursday, January 14, 2016.. Oscar Nominations 2016: John Krasinski, Guillermo Del Toro… Actor John Krasinski, Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs and more will announce the nominees for the 2016 Oscars.

At 5:30 a.m. PT, del Toro and Lee will announce the nominees in the following categories: Animated Feature Film, Cinematography, Costume Design, Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, Makeup and Hairstyling, Original Song, Animated Short Film, Live Action Short Film, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing. .

At 5:38 a.m. PT, Krasinski and Boone Isaacs will take the stage to unveil the nominations for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Directing, Film Editing, Foreign Language Film, Original Score, Best Picture, Production Design, Visual Effects, Adapted Screenplay and Original Screenplay.

edit: I copied out of the Oscar org website, they had the 2015 details up it seems

visuals noms are already up

Spoiler

VISUAL EFFECTS

“Ant-Man”

“Avengers: Age of Ultron”

“Ex Machina”

“Jurassic World”

“Mad Max: Fury Road”

“The Martian”

“The Revenant”

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens”

“Tomorrowland”

“The Walk”

and a reaaallllyyy long list for coposers, foreign...

http://oscar.go.com/news/oscar-news/oscars-2016-nominee-contenders-and-categories

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1