WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

The problem RR was you never cared for the characters. 

"omg we are white middle class people in a nice suburbia house in a nice neighbourhood, our lives suck wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Seriously 50's suburbia was hell however we seen countless movies made on that topic with a much more engaging story and better characters. 

Leo should have won for WOWS, and he should have been nominated in Django Unchained and Revolutionary Road. He was excellent in both. I actually thought Revolutionary Road was quite a good film myself, but the performances really carried it, for me.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The problem RR was you never cared for the characters. 

"omg we are white middle class people in a nice suburbia house in a nice neighbourhood, our lives suck wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Seriously 50's suburbia was hell however we seen countless movies made on that topic with a much more engaging story and better characters. 

Yea, I don't buy this at all.  You've never been married, have you Lordmandeep?  Trust me, if you ever get married, go watch the film ten years into your marriage, then you  will identify with the characters.

they robbed him then furiously for titanic , we didnt know it yet but it was the beginning of a trend , he was right to snob them in all his impetuous youth glory !

any girl or woman who says they were immune to leo influenza back during titanic winter are lying through their teeth it was a blatant case of mass hysteria , good times lol

i'm so thrilled for him the movie is looking to do a great weekend , i've seen it and its a visceral breathtaking experience . 

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Remember when Leo famously didn't attend the Oscars the Titanic year reportedly because he was furious that he wasn't nominated while Winslet was? Good times.

It was a pretty BS snub though.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yea, I don't buy this at all.  You've never been married, have you Lordmandeep?  Trust me, if you ever get married, go watch the film ten years into your marriage, then you  will identify with the characters.

True but it was just a poor effort overall compared to other better reflections of 50's life like Turman Show, Pleasentville and others.

Much more interesting films that left an impact.

Of course I can see that if you experience what character feel in a film, you automatically feel much more attached to a film.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

There was so much potential in a Cloverfield sequel. I really love this movie and the mysterious surrounding it. JJ Abrams truly is a visionary. 

Dat multiplier though :sarah::ohmyzod:

• Like 2

I've seen Titanic probably 50 times and every time it just floors me how well it's written, acted and directed.  The scene where Rose is explaining to Jack who everyone is on the ship is the epitome of brilliance.  I also love seeing Victor Newman show up...."Jack are of the Boston Dawsons?"  

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

True but it was just a poor effort overall compared to other better reflections of 50's life like Turman Show, Pleasentville and others.

Much more interesting films. 

Those are all very different thematically from each other. (And TRUMAN SHOW isn't even set in the 50s, nor is it a reflection of that time.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Why do I feel they just took his reaction to the movie and made it look like it was to the commercial. 

On a season of Survivor (who the hell remembers which one), the reward for winning a challenge was that the entire team got to watch a private screening of "Jack and Jill", the losing team must have felt so happy that week.

• Like 3