terrestrial

Monday's (12.January) Revenant 4.02 | SW 7 3.1 | DH 843k | Forest 658k | H8 589k | Sisters 544k | Big Short 506k

He can be so biased about some movie franchises... but he seems to rather passionate about things like this, hence his sarcasm...  (me being passionate about female equality in movie business too shouldn't be unknown here I guess):

. I am shocked, *shocked* that the highlighted the only two females in a male-centric flop.

C'mon, , don't even pretend that you actually watched HOME SWEET HELL!

Good on you, , sticking it to for her tiny role in LOVE THE COOPERS and her near-wordless cameo in PAN! Courage!

I can't wait to see which work-a-day character actors who happen to have starred in a bad movie get "Razzie justice" this year.

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Films jump more on Tuesday and fall hard on Wednesday this time of year.

yeah my theater does the discount Tuesdays too.  It was $5 for any 2d movie all day, so that's how I saw the Revenant last night.

Wonder how the upcoming holiday weekend will help the holdovers

• Like 2

If SW 7 still follows the LotR 2 / TTT times 3 rule Fake discovered, than it will make:

$3.624m on Tuesday, $2.98m on Wednesday and $2.97m on Thursday.

But in 2002/2003 there were less Cheap Tuesdays, that change(d/s) the detail per weekdays a bit, so who knows, we will have to wait and see as usual... ;)

Curious to see when it will break away from that calculation model, especially as this year the competition during MLK is FAR bigger than during TTT's run. I can't even remember the movies that got released / were still running during MLK 2003 beside Catch Me if You Can, that started a week after TTT.

MLK 2003 top 5 in spoiler tags:

Spoiler
TW LW Title (click to view) Studio Weekend Gross % Change Theater Count / Change Average Total Gross Budget*  Week #
1 N Kangaroo Jack WB $21,895,483 - 2,818 - $7,769 $21,895,483 $60 1
2 N National Security Sony $16,813,517 - 2,729 - $6,161 $16,813,517 - 1
3 1 Just Married Fox $13,771,777 -21.5% 2,769 +3 $4,973 $35,329,299 $18 2
4 3 Catch Me If You Can DW $12,524,998 -14.4% 3,050 -175 $4,106 $136,318,125 $52 4
5 2 LotR  Two Towers NL $12,503,990 -15.3% 3,110 -367 $4,020 $300,122,052 $94 5

Tomorrow afternoon PST we will get the new theater counts, really curious how many SW 7 will loose of those.

10 hours ago, RogueLeader said:

That is why I am saying they should do one for this movie to get it to 1 BN.

Sure, it wont make as much as the 97 Special Edition. That film had a substantial amount of new stuff and was re-released after 2-0 years.

However, it would easily do 50 million. That would be enough for 1 billion.

Just a guess, but I could see Disney re-releasing TFA in the mid to late February dead-zone in 2017 to both try to get TFA past $1B and build up anticipation for Episode VIII.

Just now, Biph Shmata said:

Just a guess, but I could see Disney re-releasing TFA in the mid to late February dead-zone in 2017 to both try to get TFA past $1B and build up anticipation for Episode VIII.

Considering Rogue One won't even be done yet, I'd say that's a bad idea. But so is sticking to that May date for VIII, of which Disney is making me nervous they haven't changed yet. 

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Disney's not gonna do a re-release. Not for quite awhile. It's expensive to do... why lose money?

They'd be dumb to not at least do a re-expansion though, especially back to IMAX screens. JW gained an extra 10m it would have never made that way, I'd think TFA could pull at least an extra 15 .

Funny, Depp has the potential tiger a Razzie and Oscar nomination this year.

Same me for Eddie Redmayne :rofl: (Finally, he gets the awards recognition he wanted so much)

Edit: And Rooney Mara as well!  So many Oscar contenders giving Razzie level performances this year.

Edited by The Panda

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Considering Rogue One won't even be done yet, I'd say that's a bad idea. But so is sticking to that May date for VIII, of which Disney is making me nervous they haven't changed yet. 

I'm wondering about that May 4th date as well, since they don't start shooting principal on VIII until March, they won't finish shooting till the movie is a year out at most, it does seem to be cutting it close. That said I have no idea how far along they are with the things they don't need the main cast for. You may be right about February, I just see a 6-8 week re-release and February is the best time to do that, plus I'm not sure that Rouge One's legs will be that long.