efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

4 hours ago, LonePirate said:

The film is about a woman who invented a special mop. Anyone who thought this film was going to do gangbusters business is insane.

Still starring the woman who's purportedly the # 1 female box office star in the USA today. This wasn't an indie film or a specialized platform release, and her face and name was used as the main hook of the film, as witnessed by the posters and marketing. This was a film that people expected to do at least 100 million dollars domestically. I am sure that the producers weren't expecting to gross only 20 million dollars (globally) above what it cost.

We've been through this 100X.  Enough of the dick measuring stuff between Avatar and TFA.  It's the usual suspects poking the hornets next again....   @Telemachos has made it clear.....let it go or get suspended.  Choice is yours.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

No way, few things are as obsessive as a 13 year old girl.

avatar was a girl thing? didn't know.

regardless, I though fanboys were the most obsesive

Norm is down "0" on RT. that was a fast retraction

come on down to 5m

Edited by No Prisoners

4 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Wait, so I'm a troll because I think it'll slow down? 

You're a troll for a litany of reasons.

Guys and gals, this is your last warning.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

LMAO!! No, it's not.

There's no twisting needed. We absolutely blew away the competition.

Not really.

Titanic still sold way more tickets, and it didn't have the benefit of being pretty much a sequel/remake of the movie trilogy that started what´s arguably the biggest franchise of all time.

ANH is waaay ahead in adjusted gross (without benefiting from existing fan base). TFA is waaay ahead in unadjusted gross (in times with smaller theater attendance in general and with more competition from all sides). Choose your conqueror.

EDIT

Being a seque is actually a disadvantage. Just look at the top 10 adjusted grosses. How many sequels are there??

TFA is the highest grossing sequel of all time adjusted.

• Like 1

Titanic's domestic run and gross is huge

TFA's domestic run and gross is huge.

All three films did massive business outside of the domestic market

There.....all done.  These are not the arguments you are looking for.  Go about your business.  Move along.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Titanic's domestic run and gross is huge

TFA's domestic run and gross is huge.

All three films did massive business outside of the domestic market

There.....all done.  These are not the arguments you are looking for.  Go about your business.  Move along.

I agree with the mods though, take the discussion elsewhere guys.

Come discuss the first sequel to the highest grossing film of all time, production is set to start soon.

Or come discuss everything James Cameron, feel free to talk about all box office competitors in here too!

DiCaprio is gonna take over the top spot this weekend. Kevin Hart's peak of popularity is far behind us. I wish our distributor would have released the movie here this weekend. It would have done some major business. Instead everyone is just downloading it online.

At least The Big Short is the one that got this release date and is having a great OW as well. 

Eh, I honestly think RA2 is coasting more off of Ice Cube's renewed popularity than Hart's. Still not convinced Hart can even open a movie that well without another draw there like Cube or Ferrell. The Think Like a Man movies also had a big ensemble of semi-appealing actors to the black demo to help. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

@greyghost 

cameron isn't from this galaxy he's an Overlord that bestows us with his presence once in a while when he decided to R&R  from PANDORA 

LOL  the last dozen pages felt like deja vu and i was wondering why then its like DOH avatar thread back in the day , the more things change the more they stay the same

by the way if there's a best gif award that bkb one is a frontrunner that was creative as heck!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Eh, I honestly think RA2 is coasting more off of Ice Cube's renewed popularity than Hart's. Still not convinced Hart can even open a movie that well without another draw there like Cube or Ferrell. The Think Like a Man movies also had a big ensemble of semi-appealing actors to the black demo to help. 

Two words: Wedding Ringer.

• Like 2

SO pissed. Fuck people that bring their 1 year olds to PG13 movies. Me and the gf were having a great day and wanted to see Ride Along to cap off the evening, but a couple with four? or so children including a BABY sat behind us. That baby babbled, whined, and moaned from the start of the previews (and there was like 7) to about 20 minutes into RA.

I didnt want to move closer to the screen because 1. its closer to the screen, and 2. the theater room is small with really no acoustics so it wouldnt have made a difference. We just decided to leave and since I threw away the stubs, the manager gave us rainchecks.

He said they cant do anything until someone complains, but when someone does then they can go in, so I hope he did. I'm no snitch, but fuck you. That is EXTEMELY ignorant and selfish for people to ruin a movie experience for the rest of the audience. When you have to tell your child "shush" 15 times, ITS NOT GOING TO WORK. This is why people watch movies at home instead. We're gonna just watch Rogue Nation on Redbox.

I'm very upset. A small child doesnt need to be taken to a movie like Ride Along in the first place, but if you cant find a babysitter for your children, DONT GO. If this was Alvin or Norm, I have no right to complain, but it's not. Just wish theaters would pass restrictions. Parental guidance my ass, a baby doesn't need to be in a PG13 movie period. 

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 11