kayumanggi

LOGAN LUCKY | 08.18.17 | trailer on page 2

eh i was expecting glowing reviews. some directors get them even if their work is not that good. looking at RT there's a disconnect between critics and the public. I mean did anyone like Haywire? Not the public it seems, but it still got great reviews. or Magic Mike. 

also critics are dying with anticipation because he "came back from retirement"

Not saying the movie is not good, i have not seen it, just saying...from the trailer it looks extremely stupid. but i guess i don't get it

Soderbergh's distribution strategy is targeting hillbillies, red-necks and NASCAR fans. Tracking usually misses these groups

Any tracking we here about this movie has to be taking with a grain of salt.

The first Magic Mike for instance was tracking a $19 million OW. The film was targeting female of all ages and gay man.

Well it opened at $38 million, because tracking missed women over 35, which came out in huge numbers and gay men.

Soderbergh is hoping lighting will strike twice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aabattery said:

I'm hype. Had the trailer for this in front of Baby Driver today and Ocean's 11 is the perfect film, so this is all looking very promising.

Agreed. Also, hillibilly characters are always fun and the cast seems on point with the great chemistry, which reviews have been praising so far. :)

RT score still at 100%, but I think obsessed Marvel fanboy critics like John Campea will trash Logan Lucky to help Wade W. Wilson and Nick Fury's movie The Hitman's Bodyguard. HA,HA,HA 

But seriously now, the real story here is the self distribution. If Soderbergh's distribution experiment works, we will start seeing a lot of self distribution. The way movies are being distributed will change. The kind of movies that the big Hollywood studios are making will change. Right now the big studios wouldn't dare to produce movies like Get Out, Baby Driver or Logan Lucky.

GO and BD are both successful movies, hopefully LL will be too. I'm pulling for Soderbergh to pull this off to prove we don't need big Hollywood to make an entertaining and profitable movie.

2 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

RT score still at 100%, but I think obsessed Marvel fanboy critics like John Campea will trash Logan Lucky to help Wade W. Wilson and Nick Fury's movie The Hitman's Bodyguard. HA,HA,HA 

But seriously now, the real story here is the self distribution. If Soderbergh's distribution experiment works, we will start seeing a lot of self distribution. The way movies are being distributed will change. The kind of movies that the big Hollywood studios are making will change. Right now the big studios wouldn't dare to produce movies like Get Out, Baby Driver or Logan Lucky.

GO and BD are both successful movies, hopefully LL will be too. I'm pulling for Soderbergh to pull this off to prove we don't need big Hollywood to make an entertaining and profitable movie.

Yep, we need more inventive low-to-middle budget movies to to do well. GO and BD were awesome, fingers crossed this is too.