kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

Kung Fu Panda 3 tops gloomy Super Bowl weekend. Kung Fu Panda 3 took a slightly steep drop for a kids movie. The film should hold up fine in the next weeks to come and should end its run around 135 million domestic. Hail, Caesar! Debuted with an alright 11.4 million this weekend. That's below The Monumwnts Men, and Burn After Reading. Hail, Caesar! Could hold up well after this weekend and make over 30 million domestic.The Revenant hasn't lost steam this weekend and has already passed 300 million worldwide. The Revenant should end its run around 170 million domestic. Star Wars has now made a new achievement  this weekend both stateside and worldwide. Star Wars passed the 900 million mark this weekend and past the 2 billion mark worldwide. Star Wars still has enough wiggle room and should make its way at least 945 million domestic. Other two new releases this weekend both bombed. The Choice debuted with 6.2 million which is the lowest grossing debut for a Nicolas Sparks film. Even was less than Dear John's OD back in 2010. The Choice should end its run around 15 million domestic. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies also bombed with 5.2 million which is way less than Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter's debut, also nearly 4x less than Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter's debut and 4x less than Warm Bodies debut back around the comparable times back in 2013. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies should end its run around 10 million domestic. The Finest Hours took a drop this weekend Disney will probably lose some money and the film should end its run close to 25 million. Ride Along 2 took a hit this weekend as well the film should end its run over 80 million domestic. The Boy took a decent drop and should end its run around 35 million. Dirty Grandpa took a so-so drop and should end its run close to 35 million. The 5th Wave not doing as well as If I Stay but is doing quite sucessful overseas and should end its run over 100 million worldwide. But domestic should be able to get 30 million domestic. 13 Hours dying out and not doing well even overseas. Paramount  should have some more profitable titles later this year but 13 Hours could break even.

I know SB weekend is always rough but yikes.  Anemic for the openers and some really bad holdovers.

STX has another hit with The Boy, which is good for them.  They should try to do 10-40 million dollar productions like this and see what they can make of themselves.  Promising start.

KFP3 will be saved by overseas numbers but surely this is the end of the franchise.

Fantastic to see SW still getting that coin after all this time.  I think 930 is where it lands, discount theaters should be very kind to it.

I'll probably get burned alive for saying this but today was my mom's birthday so I agreed to take her to see The Choice.  I would say I've seen close to half of the N. Sparks movies (and yes, I think The Notebook is the best but that for me is nowhere near a masterpiece).  That being said, the last two I saw which were Safe Haven and The Longest Ride I fucking HATED.  The Choice is probably the third (after Notebook and A Walk to Remember) enjoyable experience I've had watching one of his films.  It's more of his same stuff but the cast saved it for me.  Teresa Palmer is bae.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I know SB weekend is always rough but yikes.  Anemic for the openers and some really bad holdovers.

STX has another hit with The Boy, which is good for them.  They should try to do 10-40 million dollar productions like this and see what they can make of themselves.  Promising start.

KFP3 will be saved by overseas numbers but surely this is the end of the franchise.

Fantastic to see SW still getting that coin after all this time.  I think 930 is where it lands, discount theaters should be very kind to it.

I'll probably get burned alive for saying this but today was my mom's birthday so I agreed to take her to see The Choice.  I would say I've seen close to half of the N. Sparks movies (and yes, I think The Notebook is the best but that for me is nowhere near a masterpiece).  That being said, the last two I saw which were Safe Haven and The Longest Ride I fucking HATED.  The Choice is probably the third (after Notebook and A Walk to Remember) enjoyable experience I've had watching one of his films.  It's more of his same stuff but the cast saved it for me.  Teresa Palmer is bae.

Both of STX hit movies were horror films, which usually are made for dirt cheap. I don't think they should get too excited and start making a bunch of 40m dollar films. That's a sure fire way to end up like Relativity. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Want me to go back and quote your (& other) predictions & thoughts right at the end of the holidays? Plenty thought this was going higher than where it will finish. Just an observation.

You remind of a giant rain cloud that comes along and shits all over Star Wars despite probably grossing 10 times more than your favorite 5 movies put together. Just an observation.

TFA with the best hold in the top 10 by far. Impressive!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

You remind of a giant rain cloud that comes along and shits all over Star Wars despite probably grossing 10 times more than your favorite 5 movies put together. Just an observation.

TFA with the best hold in the top 10 by far. Impressive!

Nice maturity here. Didn't expect anything less from someone who has seen the same film 20 times in theaters.

37 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Just got out of The Choice...

FUCK YOU!! Can't believe my wife dragged me to that crap. At least, I get to drag her to Deadpool next weekend.

What was so bad about it? I've heard it's bad, just not why.