WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

miller.jpg?k=06273f12d1

Nobody Knows who I am.

:(:angry::jeb!:

This dude will get HUGE and well deservedly so. Seeing how he works with his previous stuff, I imagine that a LOT of the story beats came from him. Bow down to the hottest new director in Hollywood, ladies and lads.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

A $160m 4 days is now possible. I'm starting my Deadpool over Batman v Superman club domestic right NOW.

It is not possinle because Monday drop is gonna be at least 60%. 

Having said that, I also said several times in the past couple of days that it won't surprise me if this beats Civil War and BvS, so go for it.

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

This dude will get HUGE and well deservedly so. Seeing how he works with his previous stuff, I imagine that a LOT of the story beats came from him. Bow down to the hottest new director in Hollywood, ladies and lads.

The writers were important too I guess with so many jokes and one liners.

37 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Deadline said it made 2.3M in IMAX on Thursday night so it does have IMAX.  If it sold the same amount of tickets with 3D (30% RealD), it would've done ~155M, and around 175M through President's day.  I can give a more accurate calculation on Tuesday once all the numbers come in.

PLF screens at 465 repped 13% of Deadpool‘s FSS or $17.6M. That’s the biggest R-rated opening for the PLF format, knocking out its previous $8.7M high from American Sniper.

:o Crazy.  I'm guessing ~12% from IMAX (hopefully we get a number tomorrow, could be lower), so around 13.5 - 14.0M tickets sold through Sunday and with 155M, 15.5 - 16.0M tickets sold through Monday.  For perspective, with a 30% RealD share on top, the same amount of tickets would be the equivalent of ~150M for the 3-day and ~175M for the 4.5-day. :blink:

8 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Imax is tabulating a February and R-rated record of $16.8M over FSS and $19M over FSSM.

Huge.  12% from IMAX and 13% from PLF, so 25% combined from premium formats with no 3D.  Looking at ~13.5M tickets from Fri-Sun and ~15.5M tickets from Fri-Mon.

• Like 1

Just now, spizzer said:

Huge.  12% from IMAX and 13% from PLF, so 25% combined from premium formats with no 3D.  Looking at ~13.5M tickets from Fri-Sun and ~15.5M tickets from Fri-Mon.

Dear Spizzer, have you come up with a conclusion if Force Awakens has sold more tickets than  Phantom menace, Adjusting Lord ?

:jeb!:

• Like 1

Solid weekend! Deadpool performed way ahead of already decent expectations and broke records this weekend! Deadpool broke the R-rated OW debut which was held by The Matrix Reloaded back in the summer of 2003. The winter and february records by Fifty Shades Of Grey and American Sniper. Among many many other records including the best debut for Fox, the best debut for the X-Men franchise, and the best debut for Ryan Reynolds. Deadpool should hold on well for the next several weeks and should get to at least 300 million. While in a distant second place fellow Fox release Kung Fu Panda 3 was close to 100 million this weekend and managed to hold up after a large drop last weekend. With overseas still doing strong, Kung Fu Panda 3 should end its run around 130 million. While Deadpool passed Fifty Shades Of Grey's OW record from last year, Fifty Shades co-star Dakota Johnson's romantic comedy How To Be Single was off to a ok start, while it wasn't close to About Last Night or The Other Woman this was still an alright start considering it has a limited audience the film could be front-loaded either way. But still How To Be Single could end its run around 50 million. Zoolander 2 was bleh in comparison to Deadpool and the "cult" status of the first movie. But Zoolander 2's OW was just slightly ahead of the first movie's debut back in 2001(although the first film had better attendance) and Zoolander 2 debuted higher than The Watch, and Hall Pass but less than The Internship and Night At The 

Museum 3. With poor word of mouth and depending on the holds. Zoolander 2 should make 40 million domestic. 

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is not possinle because Monday drop is gonna be at least 60%. 

Having said that, I also said several times in the past couple of days that it won't surprise me if this beats Civil War and BvS, so go for it.

Wow. Just… wow. When covering the box office you get used to a certain level of hyperbole, but I am here to tell you that the hype is all real when it comes to Deadpool.According to studio estimates, the Tim Miller-directed pic has earned an incredible $135 million for the three-day weekend and is headed above $160 million for the four-day holiday frame. That is nearly double what the industry expected from the R-rated superhero pic. And, just to be clear, had Deadpool wound up closer to its initial target of $75 million we would still have written it up as a big win for Fox. But as it stands? This is the kind of crazy-unexpected, record-breaking launch that just doesn’t come around very often.

http://collider.com/deadpool-demolishes-box-office-records-with-135-million-debut/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

I actually think it's possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

It's more impressive than all of those except Spider-Man (2002)'s 114m ;)

Well considering Deadpool was a lot more obscure then Spidey at the time his movie was made, I'd say it's even more impressive a little bit.