WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Just now, Jessie said:

I haven't seen him in anything other than JC, battleship and wolverine. Probably not fair for me to judge. He was terrible in wolverine, okay in JC and actually quite entertaining in battleship.

I highly recommend True Detective Season 2.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jandrew said:

You guys really do contradict yourselves. Everytime we have a breakout in an off month, everybody toes "great, that means less crowded summers. Studios will have more confidence outside of summer and spread out the schedule."

Yet you guys advocate for Deadpool, Kingsman, GOTG, TMNT2, Lego 2, etc to move into the summer. Why change? Deadpool can posntially make $300M in ther winter, so why push for the sequel to go in the summer when it will have nothing but more competition?

I dont get. Weve the last few years more and more that summer is not needed for blockbuster success and yall have acknosledged that, yet everytime we have a breakout, you want it in th summer. Make up your minds.

Christmas will always be the best release date 

Maybe studios decide to put films in the summer because it earns most amount of its money in a shorter period of time and studios take a higher percentage of earning early on.

For instance a film that opens to 200M and drops like a rock with a 400M finish will be a more profitable film than one thag opens to 50m and ends with the same total.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I haven't seen him in anything other than JC, battleship and wolverine. Probably not fair for me to judge. He was terrible in wolverine, okay in JC and actually quite entertaining in battleship.

Yeah, his Gambit was laughable. We'll see what Fox will do with Tatum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It's rare because studios don't give these actors the chance. I think Jai Courtney will finally have his moment in SUICIDE SQUAD.

Uh, young white guys in Hollywood get far more chances than anyone else. It took them a decade to give up on trying to make Colin Farrell happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yeah, his Gambit was laughable. We'll see what Fox will do with Tatum.

I'm not feeling Gambit right now. Not necessarily because of Tatum, but because I've read they're not being modest with the budget like they were for Deadpool. Does a Gambit movie sound exciting now in the wake of Deadpool?

those numbers are crazy!

Not only did Deadpool Break the February opening weekend. It also had the Biggest R rated opening. biggest opening ever for Fox and the Biggest Winter opening.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

How long until Deadpool 2? Can they rush it and get it out in 2017?

Most probably 2018. I read somewhere that it would not take FF II previous spot now that the KINGSMAN's sequel is already scheduled for June 2017. Also read that the writers hope it won't since they want to take their time.