GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

PPZ came in 3rd on the theater drop list, CJohn is either happy or disappointed. Jem robbed CJohn of seeing a new movie at #1 on that list :P

I was reading an article about biggest flops of 2015, and Jem of course was on the list. I was shocked how cheap a budget the movie was actually made for. The transitions between scenes are done through (and I am not kidding) Google Earth, not just that but the Google Earth logo and the copyright symbol are visible on screen.

The background music is by random amateur videos on youtube and the best part pointed out by the article - there are 3 cameos in the movie by Chris Pratt, Alicia Keys & Jimmy Fallon, and The Rock - None of them actually shot anything for the movie. The Alicia Keys and Jimmy Fallon cameo was from Keys and Fallon talking about the Jem cartoon when she had appeared on his show, The Rock's cameo was an instagram video he had filmed congratulating Taylor Swift for Bad Blood, and this is the best one, Chris Pratt's cameo is from when he was promoting The Lego Movie (jump to 1:15)

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/video/chris-pratt-dated-his-sisters-jem-doll-for-six-weeks/3152991592001

I don't think Chris Pratt even knows he was in the Jem movie. They just edited his interview to make it look like he was talking about the character in the movie. :rofl: 

Whoa... is this going to become even more common now days? I mean look at In the Heart of the Sea it's right up there too! Jesus those are terrible falls haha basically dropped like a sack of potatoes from every theater.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I was reading an article about biggest flops of 2015, and Jem of course was on the list. I was shocked how cheap a budget the movie was actually made for. The transitions between scenes are done through (and I am not kidding) Google Earth, not just that but the Google Earth logo and the copyright symbol are visible on screen.

The background music is by random amateur videos on youtube and the best part pointed out by the article - there are 3 cameos in the movie by Chris Pratt, Alicia Keys & Jimmy Fallon, and The Rock - None of them actually shot anything for the movie. The Alicia Keys and Jimmy Fallon cameo was from Keys and Fallon talking about the Jem cartoon when she had appeared on his show, The Rock's cameo was an instagram video he had filmed congratulating Taylor Swift for Bad Blood, and this is the best one, Chris Pratt's cameo is from when he was promoting The Lego Movie (jump to 1:15)

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/video/chris-pratt-dated-his-sisters-jem-doll-for-six-weeks/3152991592001

I don't think Chris Pratt even knows he was in the Jem movie. They just edited his interview to make it look like he was talking about the character in the movie. :rofl: 

Those are some mighty filmmaking skills if you ask me. 

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is the world ready for a black or female Bond?

I don't know about the world, but I sure as hell know that I am not. Classic Bond to me is a caucasian male and a (heavy) drinking womanizer. Call me old-fashioned. I surely don't mind a bondish secret agent movie with a coloured and/or female lead (in fact I would appreciate that), but I don't need nor want a gender and/or colour of skin change of an iconic (movie) character just out of pc craze (or the movie creators implication that giving in to said pc craze might lead to mo-money).

But then, that's just me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

I don't know about the world, but I sure as hell know that I am not. Classic Bond to me is a caucasian male and a (heavy) drinking womanizer. Call me old-fashioned. I surely don't mind a bondish secret agent movie with a coloured and/or female lead (in fact I would appreciate that), but I don't need nor want a gender and/or colour of skin change of an iconic (movie) character just out of pc craze (or the movie creators implication that giving in to said pc craze might lead to mo-money).

:jeb!:

7 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

I think most Bond fans would agree with you.

Many probably became Bond fans because the elite spy who's a smooth, cold blooded womanizer is a popular white male fantasy.

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How much did Mendes get for Spectre? I know they practically had to beg him to do another Bond.

I'm guessing a huge backend participation deal. Mendes and Craig will probably end up making 20M+ easily and maybe even more. MGM will get their money back, Sony will be the one to gain the least from the WW box office of Spectre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think most Bond fans would agree with you.

Many probably became Bond fans because the elite spy who's a smooth, cold blooded womanizer is a popular white male fantasy.

That may be the case or not, but that does not concern me. I simply became a Bond fan because I found Bond pretty cool and badass as a kid. Later on as an adult, I enjoyed them as loud, flamboyant action movies. And then I discovered the novels...

I guess I wouldn't mind a black James Bond that much, but I do kind of tend to think it's weird to change a character who is already set. He's an iconic well known character and I already thought it was fucking lame as hell that Bond is saved by a girl in Spectre. That was just more of the "rah rah go girls, female power" bullshit. Did we ever see that in the old Bonds with his Bond girls? Did a Bond girl just come out of nowhere and save the day? I sure don't remember that. 

I actually love movies with strong female leads, and am all for things like Salt (which I really liked), or Alias is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, but I just don't think we need to change Bond. Other franchises can do that kind of stuff at will. 

• Like 1

I don't care what any one says but they need to get away from these super serious and personal story lines. 

Get Bond back out in the field doing actual missions for Queen and country dammit! Lol

And let the man have a little fun for fucks sake. 

• Like 2