GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

For comparison War Room did 600k in previews

I wouldn't use War Room as a comparison for just any Christian Flick though (being in that environment gives me a better idea.) The Kendrick Brothers are like their own franchise that is the "cream of the crop" of christian films (gag me) so a new film from them generates a disproportionate amount of interest in comparison to other christian films, even those that do well.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

After so many years of seeing critically acclaimed horror movies not do excellent business (like It Follows or The Babadook) in favor of the shitty ones (like Ouija or the PA movies), it's refreshing to see this happen. 

It Follows did pretty well. It came out of nowhere. Fizzled in it's wide release though. But no way were Weinstein expecting $15M when they initially put it in 4 locations.

Just now, Impact said:

I notice quite a few people are saying they are seeing Risen either on Saturday or Sunday by using free tickets though-which I'm not sure how any of these work for films.

Lots of churches are buying tickets in bulk for their churchgoers. They are probably making a day of it, Sunday mass followed by the movie. Risen may hold really well on Sunday.

2 hours ago, 75live said:

I have seen plenty of tv spots for this too.  Not diminishing the number at all, just saying.  I had plans to see The Witch last night but they fell through so hopefully tomorrow morning I can catch it :) 

I'm glad to see a "little" horror film do well

Don't you said that would watch it last night? What happened? Your show was sold out?

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It Follows did pretty well. It came out of nowhere. Fizzled in it's wide release though. But no way were Weinstein expecting $15M when they initially put it in 4 locations.

I had no idea the Weinsteins picked this up.  I don't see their name or Miramax anywhere in the credits.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Because they haven't been with Miramax since 2005. ;)

Didn't know that either.  So what is their company now?  

I still don't see their names anywhere....there is nothing in the credits that mention them or their company at all.