kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

For those who are interested, John Campea has a good review of explaining why it "works" i.e. how it's a fun popcorn flick/he sees it for what it is but don't expect high cinema or whatever. 

At this point in time, might as well just let the cat out of the bag. Like I mentioned earlier, this isn't a film that will be a critical darling but it's a movie audiences will enjoy for two hours.If I had to guess, it's average score will be near Central Intelligence but I don't know how many folks will give it a fresh vs rotten score, if that makes sense lol 

• Like 5

From the LA Times regarding the script: 

What appealed to you about this script?

Reynolds: I wasn’t going to do it unless he would. I just got the script and said, “Would Sam Jackson do it? Then I’ll do it.” I’ve wanted to work with Sam so badly. Sam is someone I’ve known for 12 years. We met in physical therapy. I was training for “Blade 3” and I was having my shoulder fixed, and he was having something else fixed. I would see him there every day.

So the script itself was written with a bunch of mothafuckas already in it. That's gotta be what Reynolds is saying, right :P

• Like 1

My turn, I'm giving my opinion on THB, which I seen a week ago.

In the private screening the audience was asked to not talk about until Aug 16.

So, I'm not going to say too much about it.

I will probably get attacked for my opinion by all the twelve years olds that on this thread all day.

So here is my opinion: 

The trailers does this movie justice, unfortunately it would have better if they would have only showed the trailers.

This movie wasn't funny, except for RR facial expressions, Jackson was annoying.

Can't understand why a great actor like Jackson would signup for this role.

This movie has a great premise, but that mean nothing when you have a weak script and actors who seems not interested in this movie.

But they are some good things, they let Reynolds be Reynolds and the action was fun.

I recommend THB if you are a teenage boy. 

I don't recommended for everybody else.

My rating: 3/10

1 hour ago, Mike Branson said:

My turn, I'm giving my opinion on THB, which I seen a week ago.

In the private screening the audience was asked to not talk about until Aug 16.

So, I'm not going to say too much about it.

I will probably get attacked for my opinion by all the twelve years olds that on this thread all day.

So here is my opinion: 

The trailers does this movie justice, unfortunately it would have better if they would have only showed the trailers.

This movie wasn't funny, except for RR facial expressions, Jackson was annoying.

Can't understand why a great actor like Jackson would signup for this role.

This movie has a great premise, but that mean nothing when you have a weak script and actors who seems not interested in this movie.

But they are some good things, they let Reynolds be Reynolds and the action was fun.

I recommend THB if you are a teenage boy. 

I don't recommended for everybody else.

My rating: 3/10

So you don't want to be attacked but then you proceed to call all of us 12 year olds? 

Passive aggressive much. 

PS no one is gonna attack you for not liking a movie. Not every movie is well liked nor is every movie hated. Some people love a film that everyone else hates and some folks hate a movie that everyone loves. You're more than welcome to share your opinion. 

But dont be passive aggressive about it and hurl insults at people who may like the film or the people who are commenting on this thread.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nova said:

So you don't want to be attacked but then you proceed to call all of us 12 year olds? 

Passive aggressive much. 

PS no one is gonna attack you for not liking a movie. Not every movie is well liked nor is every movie hated. Some people love a film that everyone else hates and some folks hate a movie that everyone loves. You're more than welcome to share your opinion. 

But dont be passive aggressive about it and hurl insults at people who may like the film or the people who are commenting on this thread.  

I was only making a general observation of what I have witnessed on this thread.

I didn't name anyone in particular, the fact that you responding to this means the shoe must be fitting.

Embargo lifted on this 

IGN: 6.5/10 

Variety was positive 

THR: I'm gonna say positive but it may have been more mixed 

The Wrap: Mixed to negative 

General consensus so far is similar to CI based on these reviews plus the others I've seen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Branson said:

I was only making a general observation of what I have witnessed on this thread.

I didn't name anyone in particular, the fact that you responding to this means the shoe must be fitting.

What have you witnessed exactly? 

There are rules to this forum. That other poster broke them. Plain and simple. 

You never over did it with any negativity so I don't see why anyone would call you out if you decided to give your personal opinion on this film. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Embargo lifted on this 

IGN: 6.5/10 

Variety was positive 

THR: I'm gonna say positive but it may have been more mixed 

The Wrap: Mixed to negative 

General consensus so far is similar to CI based on these reviews plus the others I've seen 

Mixed reviews is alright actually but I think this is one of those films where the reviews won't matter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Mixed reviews is alright actually but I think this is one of those films where the reviews won't matter.

Like I said before, I think it's gonna have a score like Central Intelligence which is perfectly fine for this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

According to Forbes, this thing cost $30M. 

I wanna know how they filmed all those action sequences on such a low budget. Having seen it and now seeing the budget, im actually shocked 

It cost $30m?! Lionsgate is going to make a decent profit from it if that's the case. I assume Jackson and Reynolds are on a good backend deal if it does doing great. I was expecting to be $50-60m.