WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I went to the movie theater to see what movies were playing. I thought about going to see Eddie the Eagle but...I didn't feel like spending $10 on it.

Oh, well. There's always London is Falling next week.

And Zootopia

56 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I went to the movie theater to see what movies were playing. I thought about going to see Eddie the Eagle but...I didn't feel like spending $10 on it.

Oh, well. There's always London is Falling next week.

You mean London Has Fallen? 

Just got back from FINALLY seeing The Revenant.  The showing was surprisingly very crowded, probably 80% full. I've been in South Carolina the past few months (I live in Nashville) and everything comes here so so slow.  This is the first year I won't have seen all the Best Picture nominees (we never got Brooklyn) in a long time.

Anyway, I felt like The Revenant was essentially two things; 1. A showcase for whatever actor got the lead role (thankful it was Leo) and 2. A technical marvel.  However, I wouldn't put it in even my top 3 for Best Picture.  I know it's the kind of thing the Academy eats up and I'm not downplaying that it's very good but narratively speaking it's a pretty basic story.  I also found myself almost getting annoyed at how much was happening to him, it got too impossible for me after about the half way mark and I feel like I lost a lot of the empathy I should have had for his character.  Glad I saw it, but still rooting for The Big Short/Mad Max/Spotlight to pull the upset.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

triple 9 not so great.

Then again that's what I woulda thought about gods :P

Only thing that really sucks is doing a double feature by oneself. I mean I'm cool with it, but secretly I wish I had a friend come :lol:

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Only thing that really sucks is doing a double feature by oneself. I mean I'm cool with it, but secretly I wish I had a friend come :lol:

You should've snuck in a flask of whiskey.

Just now, DAJK said:

dude... I regularly watch 3 or 4 movies in a row on my own. Most of my friends will try whispering to me in the film which is super annoying anyway.

I go to the cinema once a week with a relative, we're like 'cinema buddies' or whatever, we have interesting discussions about the movie afterwards and stay silent during the film.

• Like 1

Triple 9 is decent, but not great.  Still worth seeing just to see Winslet play a Russian mobster.  And for Gadot looking totally hot....and to see Daryl from Walking Dead and Casey Affleck doing what he does and to watch Chiwetel give another great performance.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Triple 9 is decent, but not great.  Still worth seeing just to see Winslet play a Russian mobster.  And for Gadot looking totally hot....and to see Daryl from Walking Dead and Casey Affleck doing what he does and to watch Chiwetel give another great performance.....

The cast is enough to make me see Triple 9. I mean Daryl from The Walking Dead and Jesse from Breaking Bad are enough but to add Winslet, Gadot, Affleck, Harrelson, Mackie, and Ejiofor. Too bad my theater didn't get it this weekend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Total Treecall said:

dude... I regularly watch 3 or 4 movies in a row on my own. Most of my friends will try whispering to me in the film which is super annoying anyway.

I go to the cinema once a week with a relative, we're like 'cinema buddies' or whatever, we have interesting discussions about the movie afterwards and stay silent during the film.

That used to be me and my dad but he moved away sadly :( When I was 10 or 11 we made a deal that we would always see every superhero movie together, so he at least promised to come back for all those (BvS CW Apocalypse etc). 

And yea I totally get the appeal of going alone. I like it probably better than going with friends but it's the fact knowing "holy crap I'm in how to be single for example with all these couples and the only reason there's an odd number of people her is because of me." 

• Like 1