WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Because of 10 Cloverfield Lane stuff.

Hide contents

On that note, wasn't it revealed that this was called Valencia and then turned into something with vague Cloverfield connections in post? I thought that was no secret since this thing was shot a while ago apparently.

Spoiler

It was confirmed, yes. They added a spaceship with an alien at the end. Apparently there are 0 connections to Cloverfield. 

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Cloverfield Lane will be a beautiful bit of implosion to watch. What will be a shame is if it actually turns out to be a good film but the bait and switch kills it. 

Will still make more money than it would have without the Cloverfield name so you can't really complain imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

BvS would probably be a bigger deal if Zootopia didn't have strong word of mouth. As it is Zootopia is a very desirable option for families that they wouldn't mind seeing instead

Welcome to Box Office Theory! :)

I can't imagine many young boys saying I want to go see zootopia over batman v superman

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

BvS would probably be a bigger deal if Zootopia didn't have strong word of mouth. As it is Zootopia is a very desirable option for families that they wouldn't mind seeing instead

Welcome to Box Office Theory! [emoji4]

I can't imagine many young boys saying I want to go see zootopia over batman v superman

Well, their parents are the ones paying. Inside Out was able to hold its own against Jurassic World

16 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Well, their parents are the ones paying. Inside Out was able to hold its own against Jurassic World

Sure they are but  but just from my childhood it was the big action movies every kid was interested and excited for and begging to see  from when I was 5-12 the animated movies outside of maybe shrek 2 were more muted. Zootopia will be a huge success regardless and its supposedly great though I have no interest 

10 minutes ago, Blankments said:

hopefully zootopia's numbers go down down down so it stops glaring/staring at me everytime I walk down the street or really anywhere FUCK YOU ZOOTOPIA

Blanks is losing his shit AGAIN. 

• Like 1

Wonder who they're gonna react when 5 over dressed teenage boys walk into the movie theatre and ask for tickets to Zootopia

They'll think you're some kind of furry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i just wanna see this movie but nope i can't thus it's existence is the bane for me so fuck off zootopia i look forward to oscar season next year when you ineveitably get snubbed and i yell fuck off and thus the cylce keeps on going and going without breaking it because the world doesn't change year after year after year after year

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

i just wanna see this movie but nope i can't thus it's existence is the bane for me so fuck off zootopia i look forward to oscar season next year when you ineveitably get snubbed and i yell fuck off and thus the cylce keeps on going and going without breaking it because the world doesn't change year after year after year after year

giphy.gif

• Like 8