WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

So I'm going to see Zootopia alone, this is the first time I went to theaters to see a kids movie by myself.  I went at 9:50 but still I feel uncomfortable about it.

You will be fine. It is no kids movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

That's absolutely incorrect, it's way higher than 50-60%. But thanks anyways. 

Its right.  You'll sometimes hear this or that studio negotiated terms of up to 90% on opening weekend or this or that, but that's deceptive.  It's not 90% of the box office they're talking about.

Studios would love if what you're saying is true.  Oh, they would love it.  They'd love more than 25% out of China too.  Oh well.

This will show it...while you've got to be careful with this, it's not a studio profit and loss statement...and this article is clueless about what that means...these type of statements are good for showing you a few things, one of them how much money the studio made on theatrical.  That's their revenue...straight up.  162m on a 292m domestic gross. 55%.

http://www.slashfilm.com/insane-studio-accounting-warner-bros-claims-167-million-loss-over-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix/

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

I've gone to plenty of movies by myself.  Unless you start jerking off nobody is going to care that you're there alone

People who are self-conscious about going alone will always confound me. "I wanna go but no one wants to go with me!" You're that insecure? Nut up and go see the goddamn movie.

• Like 12

• Community Manager
18 minutes ago, DAR said:

I've gone to plenty of movies by myself.  Unless you start jerking off nobody is going to care that you're there alone

To be clear, people will care if you start jerking off whether you are alone or if you went to the movies with someone.

• Like 10

• Community Manager
21 minutes ago, DAR said:

16 minutes ago, RichWS said:

People who are self-conscious about going alone will always confound me. "I wanna go but no one wants to go with me!" You're that insecure? Nut up and go see the goddamn movie.

I go to the movies all the time by myself. But if it's a kid's movie like Zootopia, I might wait until the 3rd or 4th week (or 5th) or wait until Netflix. It's different going alone to a kid's movie and even if it isn't, kids are still the worst. Best to avoid them if you can.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

To be clear, people will care if you start jerking off whether you are alone or if you went to the movies with someone.

Oh.  Good to know, I'll cut that out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I go to the movies all the time by myself. But if it's a kid's movie like Zootopia, I might wait until the 3rd or 4th week (or 5th) or wait until Netflix. It's different going alone to a kid's movie and even if it isn't, kids are still the worst. Best to avoid them if you can.

I don't usually have a problem going to kids movies by myself. But I also live in the city with a very low percentage of households that have children, so it's pretty normal to see non-families there.

In fact, the only time I've ever gotten dirty looks was when I was with a group of friends and we went to the Frozen Singalong. But we also sang and I think some of the parents didn't realize that was the whole point.

8 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Fair point

31 minutes ago, DAR said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdg0Ymb18Bc2YkNy7FRsX

Someone forgot tell pee wee this dose of wisdom. 

Yes keep you hands out of your pants.