Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

20 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

*Sigh* Bye bye Judy. I guess the superheroes had to take over eventually

The weekend has only just begun, you know.

And Zootopia doesn't stop making money as soon at BvS starts its thursday previews. ;)

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

And Zootopia doesn't stop making money as soon at BvS starts its thursday previews. ;)

I think the point is that people will stop talking about it (on here)

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Guess I should've expected someone would misinterpret that. The forum theme's been changed

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Have we all forgotten that there was a Power Rangers movie in 1995 (which I'm embarrassed to admit that I saw in theaters lolololol)?

I (sadly) remember. 'Twas a different time, different generation. This new movie-potential-series doesn't have anything to do with that one, just as the new Ninja Turtles movies have nothing to do with those hilariously craptastic movies also in the '90s.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Allegiant cost 110M?!? Jesus fucking christ, both Maze Runner movies looked more expensive tbh :lol: 

The Maze Runner films are a great example of clever and money saving filmmaking. 
You don't need 300 sets to deliver an entertaining and good looking movie. 
But Fox has always been pretty good in keeping the budgets low. 

Edited by Poseidon

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think the point is that people will stop talking about it (on here)

This. Everyone's going to focus all of their attention on how many inches Henry Cavill is based on those epic Superman bulges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Using Deadline's numbers on DIVERGENT, Lionsgate is probably on the hook for around 65-70m (including marketing).

They are screwed. They are a role model to follow if a studio wants to kill a franchise, tho. 

Just now, Poseidon said:

The Maze Runner films are a great example of clever and money saving filmmaking. 
You don't need 300 sets to deliver an entertaining and good looking movie. 

THIS. How is it that the Maze Runner films spent $35-70 million on movies that looked like they cost $100 million while the Divergent films spent $100 million on movies that looked like they cost $35-70 million?

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wes Ball is a god at keeping those budgets low

The worst is that Allegiant looked far cheaper than Insurgent. I am shocked it cost the same. 

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

GODS OF EGYPT has done decently well overseas -- I'm sure there are territories where the distributors are happy with performance/cost. Whether Lionsgate continues to make the deals or not is a worthy question, but it doesn't really pertain to movies where they (likely) already have deals in place.

Lionsgate won't get any revenue from overseas, selling the distribution rights may lower the risk but if it tanks domestically then you'll still end up with a loss. 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The worst is that Allegiant looked far cheaper than Insurgent. I am shocked it cost the same. 

More for the cast, less for the actual movie. ;) 
It is reported, Woodley got only 250k-500k for Divergent.
So you can do the calculations...