Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

Just now, cannastop said:

Uh, how is that possible?

Seriously, $20 million was implausibly low for this franchise, even for a movie with a shitty Tomatometer.

Because I'm terrible at this? It felt right to me when I put it in, but forgot to look go over everything last night. Probably would have bumped it.

• Like 1

I saw it last night and my first thought was that only being about 60% full for a 7:30 PM preview was not a good sign.

I agree with the thought that it isn't so much bad as "not good", it just never finds its stride (and the writing was very weak).

It certainly wasn't marketed well, I found myself looking forward to The Bronze more than Allegiant this weekend.

34 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Zootopia follows last weekend:

8.5M Friday

16M Saturday

11.7M Sunday

36.2M Weekend

If Allegiant follows Insurgent:

11.6M Friday

10.8M Saturday

6.3M Sunday

28.7M Weekend

Zoo will be lucky to go up 50% on Saturday let alone 100% - Spring Break Dynamics at play particularly if it misses the 100% Friday increase

IF the 8.5m number sticks it will hit about 31m this weekend or right with what I have been projecting all week. (32m with a cap of 35) going up 100% on a spring break Saturday would defy all past logic / available data. Now, if a film was to do that I hope its this one... :)

9 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I saw it last night and my first thought was that only being about 60% full for a 7:30 PM preview was not a good sign.

I agree with the thought that it isn't so much bad as "not good", it just never finds its stride (and the writing was very weak).

It certainly wasn't marketed well, I found myself looking forward to The Bronze more than Allegiant this weekend.

Looking forward to The Bronze?

I gotta ask. Do you know anyone who knows what that movie is about?

Edited by cannastop

2 hours ago, Kung Fu Panda Tree said:

Okay, when was the last time you saw an advert that highlighted the overwhelming negativity surrounding a film? (Aside from a film like DIRTY GRANDPA.)

I'm sure there are a couple of critics who have used the word "best" somewhere in their review. Just because an advert says, "Critics are calling it the best", does not mean all critics are... 

Why are you even discussing with him? If a critic write a review saying: 'Good Lord, Allegiant is fucking horrible!' He will cut the 'good' part to say that the critic loved the movie, LMFAO 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Looking forward to The Bronze?

I gotta ask. Do you know anyone who knows what that movie is about?

It's basically the female gymnast version of Bad Santa.

The reviews are mostly poor, which is a shame because Melissa Raunch is one of the best players on The Big Bang Theory.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's basically the female gymnast version of Bad Santa.

The reviews are mostly poor, which is a shame because Melissa Raunch is one of the best players on The Big Bang Theory.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Going from $20M+ opening days to $11M (and since it's early, possibly lower) is pretty darn awful, no way around it.

I know people who saw the other two movies in theaters but are waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray release for this one. Some people only go to the movies once or twice a month and with Zootopia and Batman V Superman, Allegiant took a hit. 

Edited by Rman823

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I know people who saw the other two movies in theaters but are waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray release for this one. Some people only go to the movies once or twice a month and with Zootopia and Batman V Superman, Allegiant took a hit. 

It could also be that people are saying "check, please!" for this series. No doubt the horrible reviews aren't helping.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-zootopia-allegiant-miracles-from-heaven-1201733982/

Variety

Allegiant: $11.5-$12.5m

Zoo: $8.5-9.5m

Miracles: $3.5-$4.5m (11-13)

Paramount’s second weekend of “10 Cloverfield Lane” may challenge “Miracles” for third place.

Fox’s sturdy “Deadpool” remains a player with about $2 million on Friday and as much as $8 million this weekend.

I can't believe they released that trash movie.  The studio must really think the audience are a bunch of gullible and ignorant sheep that would go to the theater no matter what drivel they get served.  I'm glad it was DOA and it still proves that Jennifer Lawrence is the uncontested Jennifer Queen.  All others are false idols. 

I don't know what's the big deal about releasing these movies in March/Spring, as if people had a void to fill during that time of year and only these movies based a popular book can filled the void in their miserable life.

Anyway, I really hate Miracles from Heaven and other Christian movies... 

• Like 3