Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

Great Friday for Zoo - makes 35m possible on the high end. 

For those wondering why I keep talking about the spring break factor - RTH stated it would need to drop off in the evening to miss 10-11m on Friday. Spring Break allows more kids to go to matinees and the evening are slower hence the great holds during the week and a good Friday followed by a not as large as normal saturday. 

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Considering how uptight religious people can be, of course they would get upset over something that caught on with the public with heavily blasphemous implications.

I guess. The premise of the story hangs on something so flimsy, though, I didn't get how either side looked at a Dan Brown book and thought it genuinely exposed deep dark Christian secrets, or it was powerful enough to drive people away from the Church.  The clichés, the drawn out cliffhangers, the three-page chapters (Dave Barry did a great parody: spoiler alert for the actual book) ...but there really was a whole cottage industry for a while with books, videos and TV specials about Cracking the Da Vinci Code, The Real Da Vinci Code, Da Vinci Decoded, Da Vinci Declassified, etc. One of those "had to be there" pop culture moments to understand how massive it was.

Would Allegiant have done any better if it had clearly been the last movie? Fans really hate the book but at least it wouldn't have been a Part 1. Wow, did the Detergent franchise die on the vine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lol, just noticed that The Disappointments Room quietly got pulled from the schedule (was supposed to come out next week). This year has been full of quick pulls.

Relativity is still in deep shit. I don't think even a trailer was released.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How long until the final movie gets removed from the schedule? Cause it ain't happening.

Not until Allenotgiant is done with it's complete bo run. They don't want negativity in the press.

Edited by a2knet

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

No.... will be doing good to get 50% it's spring break Saturday will be muted.

Cinderella jumped 61.4% off a 111% Friday jump.  Zootopia jumped about 112% so around 60% seems to be the target. 

Same w/e multiplier as Cinderella takes it to $35.6m

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Relativity is still in deep shit. I don't think even a trailer was released.

I can guarantee Before I Wake isn't coming out in a few weeks either.

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Does Deadline still think it'll do 13M? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Would Allegiant have done any better if it had clearly been the last movie? Fans really hate the book but at least it wouldn't have been a Part 1. Wow, did the Detergent franchise die on the vine.

Maybe but I think interest in the series has just evaporated after the last movie ended in a way that could've been the conclusion (especially now that villain Kate Winslet has been defeated). The franchise never escaped the stigma of being a "Hunger Games wannabe" as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

I guess. The premise of the story hangs on something so flimsy, though, I didn't get how either side looked at a Dan Brown book and thought it genuinely exposed deep dark Christian secrets, or it was powerful enough to drive people away from the Church.  The clichés, the drawn out cliffhangers, the three-page chapters (Dave Barry did a great parody: spoiler alert for the actual book) ...but there really was a whole cottage industry for a while with books, videos and TV specials about Cracking the Da Vinci Code, The Real Da Vinci Code, Da Vinci Decoded, Da Vinci Declassified, etc. One of those "had to be there" pop culture moments to understand how massive it was.

The intense scrutiny was crazy.  You'd think they were dissecting a book by Eco. 

I read that this 3rd Divergent movie covers the entire book or at least the ending of the book.  If true what's left for the 4th movie anyway?  And original story?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can guarantee Before I Wake isn't coming out in a few weeks either.

Does Deadline still think it'll do 13M? :lol: 

Deadline is getting worse by the day as it tries to report earlier than the competition and starts pulling numbers out of it's behind.

• Like 1