Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avengers: Endgame T-3 days

Midnight: ¥112.8mn (30k shows) (+3%)
Wednesday: ¥148mn (167k shows) (+7%)
Thursday: ¥40mn (123k shows) (+11%)
Friday: ¥54.7mn (113k shows) (+11%)
Saturday: ¥69.8mn (104k shows) (+12%)
Sunday: ¥17.7mn (87k shows) (+14%)

Total: ¥443mn or $66mn (+8%)

Comp

http://bit.ly/ChinaPreSale

Weakest day yet in pre-sales with OD growing just ¥9.7mn. This is first day when Infinity War daily growth was higher than Endgame. This could be due to some issue with Maoyan, we will know.

At this time, I will project ¥240mn OD pre-sales, that would be +35% Infinity War's ¥179mn. Hopefully it pick up tomorrow and next 2 days.

I'm just wondering...
Is this slow down a possible result of Chinese theatres apparently not being able to charge more than 10% in ticket fees as was posted by other users a page or two back. If refunds were being issued for the tickets that were already sold at high prices, it could be why the overall figures are stagnant today.... 

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I'm just wondering...
Is this slow down a possible result of Chinese theatres apparently not being able to charge more than 10% in ticket fees as was posted by other users a page or two back. If refunds were being issued for the tickets that were already sold at high prices, it could be why the overall figures are stagnant today.... 

I guess not.

37 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Cal down dude. Let the experts predict. No body is here to please you. Changing predictions is part of the process, don't comment if you just want to see it play it out. 

Dear Premium George, I have happened to try to learn John's language some years back, direct translation changes the impact / weight a lot. I happen also to have met teachers for English in his country many years back = at that time I was way worse than now, but still way better then both of them. I do not know if that is still so, but....

Plus he tried to add a joke about 'yeaah yeah such a flop' meaning it sarcastically, see in the past, when some jumped on ever chance to speak about a flop long before the run is finished. I guess you can remember also such reactions about other movies? And ppl making a joke out of it?

Try to imagine someone who is very early into learning English, also early into BO, mixing terms up, ... but also translating out of a language that can - directly translated - sound ~ dramatic for some. And maybe still feeling into communicating in general with foreigners to him in the Internet

Btw, I see some of you react to certain other members in a similar way = same country/language (not Fabiopazzo2, another country/language, but partly similar)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Endgame WTS on Maoyan - 1.759m @ 11am CST

Another +29k day. Looks like 2m may not happen unless the final 3 days increase a substantial amount. 

I don't understand why it slowed down so much after presales started. You'd think as the movie gets closer to release it would increase more

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Premium George said:

But terrestrial, I didn't comment about that. After his first comment, people explained to him, and after 2nd, 3rd too. He commented 7 times after that again. 1,2 comments are enough, that many is annoying.

He can't understand and really wants to understand. He reacts to what he thinks others meant, out of reactions he feels (correctly) something isnt matching up, tries again.... someone rebuffs, he tries to clarify,.... It is very much like going blind through a minefield in some ways (not the danger the not knowing, feeling no secure)

He tries also to reach out, see making a joke, but nearly every time it doesn't land.

If he is too annoying for you, put him on ignore, but let him try, its really difficult out of the English level he reached and the access he has. Without trying, how to get better?

I do remember the times I was in his stituation, if then (early '00) ppl were not patient with me, I'd still be lost.

And I had a lot of pre-knowledge beforehand, was way older even then than all the others, had a lot of more international contacts, knew first hand tat others might understand something not in the intended way.

A newbie arriving here at BOT sees interaction of other incl off topic,... that too can add to the wish to join (no idea in his case, about that we never spoke).

Its possible there is also an age difference between you and him.

Are you aware in which region the art form of discussion is rooted in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

He can't understand and really wants to understand. He reacts to what he thinks others meant, out of reactions he feels (correctly) something isnt matching up, tries again.... someone rebuffs, he tries to clarify,.... It is very much like going blind through a minefield in some ways (not the danger the not knowing, feeling no secure)

He tries also to reach out, see making a joke, but nearly every time it doesn't land.

If he is too annoying for you, put him on ignore, but let him try, its really difficult out of the English level he reached and the access he has. Without trying, how to get better?

I do remember the times I was in his stituation, if then (early '00) ppl were not patient with me, I'd still be lost.

And I had a lot of pre-knowledge beforehand, was way older even then than all the others, had a lot of more international contacts, knew first hand tat others might understand something not in the intended way.

A newbie arriving here at BOT sees interaction of other incl off topic,... that too can add to the wish to join (no idea in his case, about that we never spoke).

Its possible there is also an age difference between you and him.

Are you aware in which region the art form of discussion is rooted in?

Read the discussion again. He understood what others are saying. It's great you want to look after new members but sometimes you get too biased towards them. You are missing the whole point. He asked Charlie to stop changing predictions based on data. I told him that's not how it works. Simple as that. No idea why you are telling me about lack of his english knowledge or BO knowledge when it has nothing to do with it. 

23 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't understand why it slowed down so much after presales started. You'd think as the movie gets closer to release it would increase more

No tickets are available and you want to do something to express your fandom-> go click the Want to See button.   

Tickets are available and you want to do something to express your fandom-> just go buy a ticket, why bother with WTS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

No tickets are available and you want to do something to express your fandom-> go click the Want to See button.   

Tickets are available and you want to do something to express your fandom-> just go buy a ticket, why bother with WTS

That makes sense, but didn't other movies see an increase in WTS after presales started?

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

That makes sense, but didn't other movies see an increase in WTS after presales started?

this thread usually not tracking WTS,this is the first time if i remember right.i dont know why it suddenly become important

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

Most other movies didn’t have nearly the pre-presale attention of Endgame. It was almost like a pressure cooker building after the release date announcement, and putting tickets on sale let’s a lot of the pressure escape. For a normal movie that has almost no attention before tickets, WTS should rise roughly similar to presales as both are being driven by increasing awareness of the film as it’s release draws closer.    

Imo

• Thanks 1

Just now, Menor said:

For the experts on here, are overall presales for the 5-day also slower increasing than expectations or is it just OD that is underperforming?

Also slowing, as you can see from Charlie’s updates. That being said, for day 4, day 5, workday day 3 to be so big is pretty unprecedented. I wouldn't say it’s performing below expectations so much as that there’s really no good anchor for expectations in the first place.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Menor said:

For the experts on here, are overall presales for the 5-day also slower increasing than expectations or is it just OD that is underperforming?

Underperforming? Are you serious, OD presales are near 150M only IW had higher final presales. Man, some of you need to get grip on reality. There aren't endless people eventually things will slow down. 

• Like 3