Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

EG Saturday PS at 87m with 118k shows at 4.5 days out

IW OD PS was at 89m with  112k shows at 3 days out.  Sat PS were at 61m

Shows at 188k.  Looks like 220k is happening. I didnt think possible with a 3hr run time. Thats the same as 320k shows at 2 hours.  If Avatar 2 has a 2hr run time(I doubt it knowing Cameron) its OD, with more screens built, would be 800m, 2700m/$400m ow.

Shit, now I sound like @IronJimbo

Ok making the call now. A2 will take the record for a 3 day OW in a single market at $350m+.  If it has a 3 day and is under 2.5 hours

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

15 minutes ago, john2000 said:

good wom means  9 on maoyan ? idk how it works exactly , also when we will have an idea about wom ? monday ?

The Maoyan rating will post on Wed morning and takes a few hours to adjust up or down due to fans or trolls

For an SH movie 9 is good. 9.1-2 is great.  9.3-5 tremendous.  8.8 is average, below 8.5 is death legs

OWm       

AQM  9.4     3.1 

Vm     9.2     2.5

IW      9.0     1.88  OW frontload

CM     8.7     1.9

AoU   8.6     was 6 day open didnt hold great

Shaz  7.8      1.45 

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

The Maoyan rating will post on Wed morning and takes a few hours to adjust up or down due to fans or trolls

For an SH movie 9 is good. 9.1-2 is great.  8.8 is average, below 8.5 is death legs

oh i see thank you very much, :) hope for a good/great score , fingersa crossed

AIW's Maoyan score opened around 8.5/8.6 after being review bombed with a bunch of 1s.  It later rose to 9.   So not every early number is indicative of  WOM.

There's also a seeming saturation point for Western films in China so the bigger the opening the less like  likely it's going to have great legs even if WOM is great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

AIW's Maoyan score opened around 8.5/8.6 after being review bombed with a bunch of 1s.  It later rose to 9.   So not every early number is indicative of  WOM.

There's also a seeming saturation point for Western films in China so the bigger the opening the less like  likely it's going to have great legs even if WOM is great.

i dont believe that anyone here expects a very good mutli , th most it can do 2 multi and thats the best case scenario

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

EG Saturday PS at 87m with 118k shows at 4.5 days out

IW OD PS was at 89m with  112k shows at 3 days out.  Sat PS were at 61m

Shows at 188k.  Looks like 220k is happening. I didnt think possible with a 3hr run time. Thats the same as 320k shows at 2 hours.  If Avatar 2 has a 2hr run time(I doubt it knowing Cameron) its OD, with more screens built, would be 800m, 2700m/$400m ow.

Shit, now I sound like @IronJimbo

Ok making the call now. A2 will take the record for a 3 day OW in a single market at $350m+.  If it has a 3 day and is under 2.5 hours

I would bet on over 2.5hours but yes expect the billies my friend.

A2 will be another 10 years ahead of the rest of cinema just like Avatar.

Minds will be blown, dollar will be made.

For China.. Over 200m. In early 2010... Tripping the current highest grossing movie of all time! Incredible

This is how you sound like IronJimbo

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Potus there was no need for tagging IronJimbo. Let us enjoy AEG before that guy goes on how it will make this much and that much in China. I doubt A makes more than 500M in China:poker:

Well, I suspect that as long as your post contains "Cameron", "Avatar", or "Alita", IronJimbo will soon read your post. Probably he has set up search pages for certain keywords.

• Haha 7