CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Not just Portugal, it's all of the continent. Pretty normal thing after a terrorist attack over here though; pretty sure the same thing happened after the London and Madrid bombings a decade ago. Portugal itself is not THAT worried compared to the real ticking bomb-steppers, though. Have we even had a terrorist attack over here? Not that they need a reason, but atm they don't see us as a vital target.

I am pretty sure the question is not IF but WHEN. They will attack every European country. Their objective is to take over the Continent. 

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm stuck in a conundrum. I have a free ticket for my local theater. It's only good till mid April. Nothing much I want to see between now and then. So I'm torn between seeing BvS or Zootopia (again).

Any advice?

See BvS. At least you will be able to judge it on your own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm stuck in a conundrum. I have a free ticket for my local theater. It's only good till mid April. Nothing much I want to see between now and then. So I'm torn between seeing BvS or Zootopia (again).

Any advice?

All I can say is that Zootopia is a fantastic movie that I want to see again in theaters. BvS has been hit or miss with some people. However if it's a free ticket why not take the chance? 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

See BvS. At least you will be able to judge it on your own. 

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

All I can say is that Zootopia is a fantastic movie that I want to see again in theaters. BvS has been hit or miss with some people. However if it's a free ticket why not take the chance? 

It's been kind of how I've been leaning to BvS. Even if it's terrible, I kind of knew I'd be seeing it in theaters. The question now is if I see it this weekend or wait. I don't think I have the patience to wait.

Go Zootopia! Hoping for a good hold this weekend

Kinda sad for Greek Wedding 2, the first one was such an incredible box office story. I think a sequel could have worked for nostalgia's sake but the promo was not there and really bad release date.

As for BvS, well whatever happens, this weekend will be memorable for us box office geeks

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Our media said all Europe is on high alert. Countries are taking strong security measures. 

This is wierd. To inform myself, I normally read two major german (online) magazines / blogs (spon - a left wing blog spawned from the german news magazine Der Spiegel - & Focus online - a right wing blog spawned from the geman news magazine Focus) and while they are claiming that security on major airports and main train stations has been tightened (which is kinda normal given the circumstances), there is not a single word to be found on going into high alert mode besides France & Belgium. O_o I guess I have to go and search for some additional sources to get some real information. Thanks.

I want a DCU because the more competition in the genre the more the studios will push to differentiate the movies, which is an overall win for moviegoers.  I just don't want a DCU headed by Snyder, because Id like it to actually be good.

Hopefully this helps WB realize the error of their ways.  Even as someone who really dislikes Snyder as a director, he has a great visual eye, he just doesn't need to direct movies. Id like to see him work as a visual consultant to a better director.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

It's been kind of how I've been leaning to BvS. Even if it's terrible, I kind of knew I'd be seeing it in theaters. The question now is if I see it this weekend or wait. I don't think I have the patience to wait.

Then just take the jump this we. Even if BvS shouldn't come out as the greatest sh movie of all time, it should be able to provide more than enough fun and/or entertainment, so the ticket won't be a waste.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So how much does BvS need to make OW to prove the "BvS is critic proof" theory?

Over 155 m?

OW may not prove whether BvS is critic proof or not. OWs themselves can be critic proof.

Multiplier would be interesting. AOU did 2.4x. ASM2 did 2.2x.

Using 2.2x, it needs a 182m OW to get 400m.

Using 2.3x, it needs a 174m OW to get 400m.

Using 2.4x, 166.7m.

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

All those European opening do people have Thursday off because the numbers were for a Wednesday 

Well, as for Germany, no, thursday before easter friday is a normal working day. It is easter holiday season though, so there might be a whole lotta people having some days off from work.

Just now, incognitoo said:

Well, as for Germany, no, thursday before easter friday is a normal working day. It is easter holiday season though, so there might be a whole lotta people having some days off from work.

Okay then those numbers look more impressive we will see how the weekend turns out