CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

28 minutes ago, #ED said:

What if it doesn't make 20M tonight?

Reviews aren't going to hurt this. At least not on OW. People have been planning on seeing this movie for years. If MOS didn't put you off of it, and if seeing the title (BvS:DoJ? really?) didn't put you off of it, the reviews won't either. At least not for the folks who have been planning on opening weekend for a while.

It's still going to make the same 190-210M it would have made if all the reviews said it was just as good as Captain America or Ant-Man or any other average superhero movie (I mean average from a critic or audience reaction perspective).

Now the legs might be ugly. But we're still heading for a big OW. (Not saying 190-210 is guaranteed, but it's going to make whatever it was going to make this weekend, reviews be damned.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Just gonna mostly copy past the boxoffice.com predictions. It has been working in most cases.

Hmm :kitschjob: IDK. Allegiant is the only prediction I feel safe on. Even that tiniest percentage on Deadpool is freaking me out.

22 minutes ago, Future Foundation said:

Speaking of, is there anyway to do ignore from the mobile site?

Yes, it's similar to the desktop version, just the layout is a bit different. Go to your menu on the upper right (where you see notifications), and go to Account -> Account Settings. Scroll down and underneath some of your basic info there's "Ignored Users". Click on that and you get a place where you can add names to your ignore list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Grismby did not fail me. An over 2000 theaters drop is always fun to watch.

Wow, down to 198 theaters. That's AWFUL.

Meanwhile, only a 2.8% drop for Star Wars. That's beautiful!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Hmm :kitschjob: IDK. Allegiant is the only prediction I feel safe on. Even that tiniest percentage on Deadpool is freaking me out.

I probably won't move forward in the tournament anyway :lol: 

1 minute ago, TrendyWiz7 said:

It will certainly not make 170m. I think its going to have incredibly inflated Thursdays and Fridays, but drop like a stone mid weekend. Sunday drops look to be massive. 

Was it necessary to quote the picture to state your opinion?

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

Reviews aren't going to hurt this. At least not on OW. People have been planning on seeing this movie for years. If MOS didn't put you off of it, and if seeing the title (BvS:DoJ? really?) didn't put you off of it, the reviews won't either. At least not for the folks who have been planning on opening weekend for a while.

It's still going to make the same 190-210M it would have made if all the reviews said it was just as good as Captain America or Ant-Man or any other average superhero movie (I mean average from a critic or audience reaction perspective).

Now the legs might be ugly. But we're still heading for a big OW. (Not saying 190-210 is guaranteed, but it's going to make whatever it was going to make this weekend, reviews be damned.)

I was kidding. This movie will have a good weekend. 

Lets wait for that big Sunday drop and blame WOM though. Nothing to do with Easter. At all. Nothing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dude, you are starting to repeat yourself... a lot. We get it. You hate him. And you have all the rights to do it. But you don't need to say it in every single post. So please, behave. 

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am trying to see if shit doesn't derail again, ok? And he is behaving ok this time around besides the FUCK YOU SNYDER in almost every post. And I just warned him. I hope he gets it and doesn't continue with that.

I hear you, and I understand that some people are sensitive about this and I'll keep it cool.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

iJack you're being annoying, not even I can defend you now. Please stop this. We get it, you hate it. I don't want to put you in the ignore list, I really like you, man. I respect your opinion on the movie, it's fine you didn't like it. But come on, why you have to do this?

It it was a joke. If you actually care about the future of the DCCU, I'm not the enemy here. Some people might not realize, but I'm as much as a DC fan as any other here, if not more. I've loved these characters my entire life, hence why I hate to see their characterization getting such a bastardized treatment.

19 minutes ago, a2knet said:

wWUYOPt.gif

The hillarity of having a gif with Adriana Esteves playing Carminha on a BvS thread CANNOT go unnoticed. :lol: