CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

12 minutes ago, James said:

Is anyone really talking about OW record? Not even excel did that. But 200m is still in the cards IMO.

In their misguided enthusiasm, both @excel1 and @Kalel009Shel  spoke about OW record, without committing to a prediction.  Just like @iJackSparrow  does with CW.  It's quite entertaining. 

Edited by langer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

Their report conflicts itself in a lot of the points most importantly because WW is done filming 

It is insane. I have read everything and edited my post. Super hilarious stuff. I hope it is all a lie tbh.

5 minutes ago, langer said:

In their misguided enthusiasm, both @excel1 and  Kal spoke about OW record, without committing to a prediction.  Just like ijack does with CW.  It's quite entertaining. 

I still think 200 could happen based on audience reaction but not much more OW was always a pipe dream star wars will have that for the next decade

Any of you guys understand the concept of front running in trading? Essentially it means a broker or market mover has information from pending orders & acts on that before the client gets a chance to have their price executed. 

The reason I bring this up is I had a limit order in to short Time Warner (WB's parent) on a specific options strike to try and make $ on the potential BvS under performance most of the day. Right as my price was about to be executed before the close a trader came in and spent millions! on the same strike basically making the same short term play I was going to only pennies higher and that tanked the stock (by association dramatically raising the cost of those options.

UGH I'm so tilted, now I'm sort of rooting for BvS not to tank or hopefully if it does it's already priced into the stock. Seemed like a great risk/reward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I still think 200 could happen based on audience reaction but not much more OW was always a pipe dream star wars will have that for the next decade

yep, but there's a big difference between 200M and 250M. 

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Any of you guys understand the concept of front running in trading? Essentially it means a broker or market mover has information from pending orders & acts on that before the client gets a chance to have their price executed. 

The reason I bring this up is I had a limit order in to short Time Warner (WB's parent) on a specific options strike to try and make $ on the potential BvS under performance most of the day. Right as my price was about to be executed before the close a trader came in and spent millions! on the same strike basically making the same short term play I was going to only pennies higher and that tanked the stock (by association dramatically raising the cost of those options.

UGH I'm so tilted, now I'm sort of rooting for BvS not to tank or hopefully if it does it's already priced into the stock. Seemed like a great risk/reward.

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20W

• Like 2

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4170

Upon its release in 2012, The Hunger Games previously held the record for the widest March opening of all time (4,137 theaters) as it brought in $152.5 million, which is currently the largest March opening weekend of all-time. That is the bar Batman v Superman looks to hurdle this weekend and it will have a little help. The film's record March opening theater count includes 390 IMAX screens, 470 PLF locations, 150 D-Box theaters and more than 85% of all theaters will show the film in 3D. Add to that the additional benefit of screenings beginning as early as 6 PM on Thursday, but where there are benefits there are also complications.

Working against the film is the third and fourth rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament this weekend as well as a two-and-a-half-hour running time, but perhaps the most important blemish on its record is the critical savaging it has sustained. The film currently sits at a 31% rating at RottenTomatoes as of publication, a number that puts attention not only on the film's future prospects but also calls into question the value of a critical consensus when it comes to films with baked in audiences.

10 minutes ago, langer said:

In their misguided enthusiasm, both @excel1 and @Kalel009Shel  spoke about OW record, without committing to a prediction.  Just like @iJackSparrow  does with CW.  It's quite entertaining. 

I dunno....those Marvel vs DC-forum-fights seems pretty mean-spirited. :(

Won't there be a time when they can at least just get along? When has this fight between Marvel-fans & DC-fans, ever started in BoxOffice.com?

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Alright, I'm leaving for my screening. My expectations are completely in dumpster so hopefully I'll enjoy it. :mellow:

I hope you do.