CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Justice League WILL happen. Even if BvS makes under $700m WW, even though it won't.

And it will be a much better film for it. Trust me on that and don't lose hope. If there's one thing that TASM2 taught me, it's that sometimes blessings come misguised as curses. And I'm very serious about this, this is the true dawn of justice. Thinks will be set in the right track after this madness.

Batman & Robin led to Batman Begins. Could be a similar situation playing out here with BvS.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

But BvS was designed to be much more than a movie that makes money.

Doing 1B WW is not enough I am sorry, not when you are doing an inter connected franchise with three of the most popular superhero characters ever.

MOS was supposed to launch the DCEU.

BvS was supposed to launch the DCEU and well, I guess it won't.

So Wonder Woman has to be their Iron Man ?

What a twist.

Marvel didn't get the goodwill they have now out of a vacuum, they actually managed to make crowd pleasing films that the masses enjoy greatly to varying degrees.

Warner desperately needs an Avengers type of movie to create goodwill and brand recognition.

Suicide Squad can't be that movie since it is separate from the Justice League master plan.

I don't know about the goodwill that will be created going forward. It just needs to break even at the box office. However, this will make a TON of money. Licensing and toys alone are going to be the biggest they've ever been for a DC film release. This is going to be a huge money-maker no matter how you slice it. 

There's only so much they can do to Snyder when the film ends up making them a ton of cash despite him and critical acclaim. 

Kinda backwards huh? But, the characters are just too beloved to really fail. 

Sucide squad CAN restore some of that goodwill. Really, can it really go any lower for the critics? Plus, they get the one universally loved part of BvS (Batman). They effectively create the villains that our heroes will fight going forward and the audience will care for them more than they would in a solo film. We get to see them in action. This all assuming of course, SS is viewed favorably. Hell, we might get a situation where the GA roots for our villains if it goes really well for SS. Imagine that? :) i

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You still believe that BvS is a trashed by critic, beloved by audiences affair ?

I haven't said anything about that, so I'm not sure why you seem to think that's my stance.

But whether or not BVS forces WB to completely redo their universe is very much in question right now. If it makes a ton of money (popular figure being 1 billion) then it may well serve its purpose.

All other consideration is angry fanwanking, at this point.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry but I ve seen the movie and I know a crowd pleasing winner/film when I see it.

You still believe that BvS is a trashed by critic, beloved by audiences affair ?

Good luck with that.

Unless you:

• work for WB, or
  • are a psychic

what you personally ~*~feel about the movie has nothing to do with how it'll do with do with everyone that's not you.

Edited by Future Foundation
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry but I ve seen the movie and I know a crowd pleasing winner/film when I see it.

Good luck with that.

You are insane lmao.

Even iJack is shockingly less annoying that you.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People  won't connect the Suicide Squad to DC if the Suicide Sqad characters never show up in the other DC films.

The Joker could I guess.

Batman shows up in SS. Ben Affleck will show up as well. So unless people are really dumb...

52 minutes ago, James said:

@Rth about the OD in Australia.

AUD3.4m opening in Australia is very good.

FF7 opened to 3.3m and made $14.62m for the 4 day Easter weekend and $22m for the full week through to Wednesday. 

Both Friday and Monday are total nationwide public holidays. 

Deadpool opened to $14.94m without the benefit of public holidays. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's too early, I don't even think we got our first TFA estimates by then. 2 AM EST would be a decent guess

At what time did we got the TFA estimates?

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Batman & Robin led to Batman Begins. Could be a similar situation playing out here with BvS.

That's precisely what I'm betting on. You can only go up from here, and NO, they are not rebooting, and NO, they don't need to. The DCCU can move forward, but whatever involvement the Snyders have must be severed like a zombie bitten limb.

• Like 1