CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

During MOS Thurs. preview there were no sellout in any of the 4 AMC theatre around my City and lots of empty sits.

But for BvS, we had 5 sellout, and most were packed. The showing I went to was packed up the front row ...

Therefore Im thinking approximately 2.3x16mil (MOS) give or take between $35-40mil for Thursday Preview.

All I know is that there is tension in the air. Saying that "the majority" liked or hated is just not true, but based on reactions of old members here and the other threads, I think it's completely fair to say it's skewing to negative instead of positive. But I'm not counting and I don't even know what a RTM thread is supposed to mean. If that's the review thread, the spoilers thread is full of people saying their pieces and.. it's all your fault, @Rth. False god. :( 

3 minutes ago, Subzero said:

During MOS Thurs. preview there were no sellout in any of the 4 AMC theatre around my City and lots of empty sits.

But for BvS, we had 5 sellout, and most were packed. The showing I went to was packed up the front row ...

Therefore Im thinking approximately 2.3x16mil (MOS) give or take between $35-40mil for Thursday Preview.

That seems quite high.

Edited by FTF

Event films with this much hype can be reception proof (if at all the GA reception is negative...don't know that yet) for the OD at least. The previews are even more reception proof. 30m won't surprise me, followed by a great 'true' Friday. Sometime Sat or Sun on-wards it will show whether the GA is in line with critics or not.

1 minute ago, James said:

Why are you so surprised? A lot of people predict close to that. Even Tele predicted 32m I think only a few hours ago. Ugh, this thread! It is so addictive. I'm so late.

Yeah I edited what I said.  

2 minutes ago, Optimum said:

Holy crap, are "Weekend" threads usually this big?

No... we usually don't open them until we start getting real numbers.

3-4 times a year a movie will be so big on the forums that we open weekend & spoiler threads early.

I couldn't get exact numbers for BvS (I forgot when I left) but it did about 160 admissions for the 3 6pm showings, and for the 4 9-10pm showtimes it was somewhere between 275 and 325. So a little less than 500 for all 2D and 3D showings. For comparison, AoU did 693 admissions for my theater on Thursday night - that's 3D, 2D, and double feature (only 18 admissions).

Furious 7 did 373 total for Thursday previews.

I don't have the data for MoS.

• Like 1