CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ugh, I hate it when some really obese dude enters with a tray full of food and proceeds to eat/drink SO LOUD THE WHOLE THEATER CAN HEAR IT. Pack on the pounds some more why don't ya!

You have not seen the worst: I have been in a theater showing "Guardians of Galaxy" where a bunch of loud teenagers wearing "Avengers" T Shirt going: "Go Avengers !!!!"

Strangely enough, I have not seen Marvel people boo-ing at DC movies or vice versa. But "Avengers" people boo-ing "Guardians" I have seen! What's wrong with this planet??

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

375 M? That would be a record, right? I was thinking 360 M - 365 M.

Yea it would get Passions record. The only way Deadpool gets to 375M is if Fox expands it towards the end of its run and does a bit more marketing. I think they'll be too focused on their x-men movie to do that.

• Like 1

I just sent a text tp RTH. It came back as a failed text message. It did not go through. Does this mean he is not on Earth right now? Perhaps he has gone back to Asgard for a bit. I hope he shows up sometime this weekend.

• Like 10

Yup, 375M equals new R-rated record, since Jesus Christ clocks in 373M. Don't know where it comes in the all-time adjusted ranks for R-rated flicks, but obviously, it's not like it needs that anyway. It's already a gigantic success.

Honestly, if audiences don't eat it up as much as anticipated, there IS a possibility that BVS could fall short of Deadpool's numbers. I hardly think it will, given how it has almost the entirety of April to itself to carry its ass to at the very least 380M (IM3 legs would carry it to 400M, assuming that the 170M debut is set in place), but the possibility is no longer an impossibility like I was thinking even about a week ago. That being said, it's still very unlikely that such upset would take place.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup, 375M equals new R-rated record, since Jesus Christ clocks in 370M. Don't know where it comes in the all-time adjusted ranks for R-rated flicks, but obviously, it's not like it needs that anyway. It's already a gigantic success.

Honestly, if audiences don't eat it up as much as anticipated, there IS a possibility that BVS could fall short of Deadpool's numbers. I hardly think it will, given how it has almost the entirety of April to itself to carry its ass to at the very least 380M (IM3 legs would carry it to 400M, assuming that the 170M debut is set in place), but the possibility is no longer an impossibility like I was thinking even about a week ago. That being said, it's still very unlikely that such upset would take place.

A movie which stars Deadpool, Collasus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and a bottle of Ajax may outgross a movie which stars Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. If you told me this just last week, I would have laughed right in your face. 

• Like 1